Which P67 board?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Ishtim, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Going to pull the trigger on a P67 (B3) board and an
    i7-2600K.
    Anyone have any good things/bad things to say about any of the board makers on the P67? :think: SO many differing opinions... :wall:

Not looking for high-end , maybe middle of the road, but definately want to get back to tweaking... I have read hi 4.X GHz with air cooling :faint:

2. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

I have the Asus P8P67 Deluxe + i5-2500K + Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB. Reached 4,6GHz on air, stable, with the stock cooler.
    Pretty satisfied for now of the board. I've gone for the expensive P8P67 because I like to have extra stuff along with the board, frontal USB 3.0 in this case.
    Asus P8P67 Evo was my second option, it has the same layout minus the extra stuff = less expensive - aprox. 35$ less.

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

+1 for Asus. I have this mobo in my dad's PC that I built for him. :thumb: It is running stock but it is very nice! BIOS/boot has come quite a ways from my current mobo... :beer:

4. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

at the moment I am looking at the Asus p8p67 pro. Dosent have all the bells and whistles (like armour :haha: ) that some of the higher $$$ boards and it seems to have gotten alot of good press sind the SB fiasco. :think:

5. k44k

k44k Newbie

Not waiting for Z68 boards?

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, those are coming up sometime this month?

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

What is the word on AMD's Bulldozer? In a word, Will it best intel's best cpu?

8. k44k

k44k Newbie

I heard June.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Heard from Gigabyte it will be out by end of May.

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I doubt it will be any good. In fact I think it will be a letdown.

if u have good stuff in your hand, you don't take 4 years to roll it out, especially in an industry where the lifecycle of a product is very short (6-12mths).

their first APU is a low cost product. that says alot about FUSIONN..

honestly what is this thing about fusion btw? Intel has done it before them.

PS: sorry ishtim! I thought I was posting in the amd double profit thread! the Asus p8p67 pro is leettt!

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  11. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

The only thing I'm not satisfied about the P8P67 Deluxe from Asus is the double POST at cold boot.
    And so far no solution, offered by Asus tech support, worked.