wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

Horton hears a who!

Quite a funny movie :thumb: :thumb:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Okay, finally I get to watch the alternate ending... :mrgreen:

IMHO, this should have been the ACTUAL ending! :wall: :wall:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Seriously? Why? :faint:

Just watched The Man from Earth. I rate it somewhere around 9/10. It's that good. So simple yet so effective! :shock: :clap: :thumb:

Just proves yet again that you don't need any CGI to make a GREAT movie. All it took was a house, some people, a fireplace and a story (plus many questions), a truly believable one at that and with the main question, "What if?" Whoa... DAMN POWER! And the ending... simple and yet so profound... :faint:

Caution: If you are a Christian, better don't watch it if you can't take blasphemy although it's just a movie. I warn you (I'm not that religious, so I'm quite open to possibilities, that's why I like this movie). :mrgreen:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Just watched I Am Legend and the alternate ending (thanks Dash). I think it was a fantastic movie overall...may not have been true to the book, but I never read the book. And even if it was modified to be more like a typical blockbuster narrative, I think that in its current form it just works :thumb:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wow... there are so few who actually likes I Am Legend in this forum. Me and now you. :thumb: :haha:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I saw the alternate ending, but I don't really understand... :shifty:

7. Adrian Wong

Basically, even the "monsters" have feelings and can love. :D

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I watched Eastern Promises (FINALLY).

It was real good. Great acting and nice twist.

The violence was very personal. :D

9. strawroot

gone baby gone

appears to be quite plain but there is a twist! they censored it a lot up to the point that it is annoying and confusing

10. Adrian Wong

So, it's not worth watching? :think:

11. Chai

Probably worth watching, but not from the cinema...

12. strawroot

street kings!

Why the keanu reeves really die-hard. i didn't expect the twist in the story though hehehe

13. Adrian Wong

Cause he lost his wife to someone he probably knew.. and that guy left his wife to die outside the hospital after she had a stroke while having sex with him. :D

He was still obsessed with her death and all... so ended up as the crazed avenging angel of the LAPD's Vice Special Squad, hahaha...

In the end, everyone was just making use of him. LOL!!! Well, this isn't really a spoiler. :D

Street Kings is not a blockbuster, but not bad at all. Nice set of actors with an engaging (albeit depressingly bleak) story. :mrgreen:

14. Chai

It doesn't have to be a blockbuster, I really enjoy the movie, and the violence. :thumb:

15. Adrian Wong

LOL! Yeah, too bad they censored so much of it! :doh: :doh:

16. Chai

You should have seen how bad they censor Gone Baby Gone.

17. Adrian Wong

This is one reason why I sometimes prefer to watch the DVD instead. :wall:

I just watch Rambo. Not bad at all if you like to watch people getting blown to bits. :haha: :haha:

Anyone watched Rambo in the theatre? I think they would have censored at least half of it. :haha: :haha:

18. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

rambo,till the end didn't take off his shirt :mrgreen:

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I watched Rambo 4 in the cinema. it was actually alot better and smoother than gone baby gone. R4 is definitely more violence than GBG. It got me really questioning their criterion for censorship.

Speaking of gone baby gone, it's a great movie that you shouldn't miss. Due to its very raw dialogue, i would suggest you to wait for the made-in-malaysia DVD. Seriously, not worth watching it in the cinema thanks to the chaps from jambatan wayang whatever, who has literally transformed the mother of the child into a mute

20. Chai

The censorship board is crazy sometimes. I've seen boobies on screen before, and I forgot what movie was that. I thought they decided to change because of the piracy. :roll: