wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

Thank You For Smoking?
    Documentary? Sc-fi? Horror???

2. sniper msia

sniper msia Newbie

Don't know how to say what movie it is. :D

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Never heard of it. What is it about? :think:

4. Adrian Wong

I just watched Home Of The Brave. It's a drama about US soldiers who come back from Iraq, suffering from PTSD and the horrors of war.

Also shows how they change from their experience and how it disconnects them from the general population who has no concept of what's happening over there, or what it even means to the men and women who served there.

It's a nice reality check for pundits who have opinions on the Iraqi situation. No matter what reasons the US went into Iraq, it's the young boys and girls there who have to pay the ultimate price.

5. sniper msia

sniper msia Newbie

Ok. Thank You for Smoking is quite unique.
    But may be boring for some.

It is about lobbyists who try to fight for cigarettes. Then the movie takes you in to have a look at the background of the tobacco industry, how they deceptively market tobacco and some drama goes along with it. :D

6. Adrian Wong

Wow.. Fight FOR cigarettes? :mrgreen:

That's a twist. :D

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Well he's actually a publicist who fights against anti-tobacco lobbyists...at least that's what I remember.

8. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I wish they made Desire: Table for Three into a movie.

Ya. Rly. :mrgreen:

9. Adrian Wong

Just watched Blood Diamond. A pretty gruesome look at the diamond industry. I think it's pretty true though... especially the fact about how the diamond industry is limiting sale of diamonds to keep prices high. :think:

As for the movie itself, I thought it was a really nice watch. It was quite engaging, although Leonardo DiCaprio's Afrikaans accent and slang will confuse quite a few viewers.

10. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Actually, a few major jewellers made some noise about the release of the Blood Diamond movie, stating that the movie showed many bad things about the diamond industry. The jewellers say that these depictions in the movie may not be what it is in reality.

However, we can judge this by ourselves. :D

11. Adrian Wong

I'm sure they made a lot of noise. But there have been many allegations of the diamond industry acting like a cartel, fixing prices so that they remain very high even when there's a glut.

12. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Yeah. definitely. so expensive to buy any diamond jewellery these days. :cry: :cry:

13. Adrian Wong

Just watched A Night At The Museum. Not one of Ben Stiller's best works, but it's okay.

Pretty funny, although way too many cliches. Not much of a storyline either. Still, watchable. :mrgreen:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But I enjoyed a good laugh... :haha:

15. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Fantastic Four on DVD. Oh wow...my heart melted several times over...plus there were deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes stuff...ohh Jessica [​IMG]

16. cy26

cy26 Newbie

What a Girl Wants . But i was forced! :)

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

De Beers is a monopoly... They inflate and sell to who they want... :mrgreen:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

a family show, cant expect much from him can we?
    hahahahaha...it's still a very funny show :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

rexy! rexy!

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, but I guess I was just expecting more. Ben Stiller of the "There's Something About Mary" fame, you know. :haha: :haha:

20. Airborne

Airborne Newbie

Hello! I just joined the forum, so i don't know if this movie being mention already but i just watched The Departed the other day, and I thought it was great, maybe even better the the Hong Kong one!