why overclock?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by luqman, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oh crap, I thought I saw "how you can decrease your Reputation?"

:p

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

after years of hunting, i think I've found CS5's successor :haha:

1 person likes this.
  3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Maybe that was what he REALLY meant! :haha: :haha:

4. luqman

luqman Newbie

gosh chill down will u it was just a joke besides ADRIAN u don't have to share my messages with others and am not CS5 or his son i'v been here less then a week and already i got ppl hating on me! well let me tell u something this forum is not my life i have a life am the youngest person in my state to have A+ Comptia certification and CISCO 1,2,3 network admin :dance: . kk so u guys chill out even if this forum is ur life :boohoo:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! You have not been in the ARP Forums long but if you have, you will know that we are "very chill". :mrgreen:

I guess it's just the way you posted. I mean, demanding that people post 50 reasons why they should overclock but not even posting one reason why they should not? Hehe.. :mrgreen:

And as for PMs, I normally do not share their contents with the world, but like you said, it was all a joke, right? I assumed as much and that's why I used your PM in the post above. If you can't tell that's a joke, well, it's reasonable to see why everyone seemed to have misunderstood your joke. :mrgreen:

Which state are you in BTW? :think:

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wow.. so fast negative rep de :haha: ..

1 person likes this.
  7. luqman

luqman Newbie

anyhow

i see u u guys in these area! i see ur very chill but missunderstand stuff anyways i live in the USA/MN

8. Chai

Maybe you are just too young to express yourself properly. You can't just order people to do something here for you. :D

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Which part of MN?

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

1 person likes this.
  11. luqman

luqman Newbie

am

hennipen county

12. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

good one :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You 'bo song' (don't like) people who overclock is it? :whistle:

14. Chai

e-penis comparison!!!

15. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

oui? :rolleyes:
    where did that come from? :faint:

1 person likes this.
  16. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

hi luqman, demanding 50 reasons is absurd. in fact, there's no need for us to give you any reason why people shouldn't overclock. there's PROS and there's CONS regarding OCing, one would've considered all the factors before going OCing.

anyway, basically people overclock is to push their available hardware to their maximum or at least better than normal performance.

you get more bang for your buck.

there are down sides of over-clocking, such as additional costs (some people OC to get bang-for-buck while others OC to lengthen their e-penis hence incur more cost.)

again it depends how you define additional cost. investing in a nice heatsink and fan just to protect your already over-valued processor - why not? :D

well, have a good read at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclock

//as for the rest of you who posted here whoever you are - your posts so far are spams and seem to be no better than CS5 / Wodenus' posts. all i see are replies that's full of sarcasm and nonsense. if you don't like luqman's post, just ignore him then. there's no need to spam. yes, i'm appalled at what i see.

//some may say 'hey it's a joke'. well, to me - forum ethics is still to be practised. if this was a JOKE in the 1st place, please move it to Lounge or something.......... let's keep this place for serious and constructive discussions instead of .........well, the 3 pages of post as seen here.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  17. Chai

Erm...If you ask stupid questions, prepare to expect stupid answers, especially when you demand 50 reasons. Even you did not asnwer his question, because he wants 50 (51) reasons. I will try to answer the qeustion whenever possible, as shown in other threads.

18. goldfries

:) i disagree. whether a question is stupid or not, if it can be answered in a better way then it should.

sure, i did not answer it the way he wanted - i did pointed out that his request was absurd and answered as best as i could.

whether he posted it by mistake, or intentionally put it that way - it's not my concern.

if there is a question (stupid or not) - then give the question a proper answer. there's no reason to misbehave even if you don't like the way he posted (stupid or not). there's no reason to spam either.

EDITED : btw i'm referring to anyone and everyone who uses this forum......... let's be helpful people. enjoy. :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  19. Chai

Maybe you didn't read his post properly or just read the title and virtually ignore everything else. I think most of them answered it properly, but as a typical troll, he wasn't satisfied and wanted more reasons. Wodenus??? :haha: He's a troll in everyone's mind, yet, he's very serious and does not violate any rules. Yet, he's banned.

Talking about rules, rules are meant to be bent sometimes, if all the posts have to be 100% compliant with the rules, I think 50% of the posts and 50% of the users have to be deleted already. :mrgreen:

You have also violated a rule yourself too, your signature is unusually wide, especially when the second rig is up. Seriously annoying when I'm viewing at 1024x728 ;) But did I complain? :mrgreen: Until now of course... since you brought it up.

If everyone is so serious, what's the fun of posting in the forum? I'm sure the forum you have been visiting is just the same. ;)

20. goldfries

have it your way then. i've done my part as a moderator. :)

btw about his posts - i read all 3 pages before i decided to comment. if he's a troll, he could always be ignored - that's the best way to kill a troll.

sure, bent rules once a while (note : i've not closed/delete/ban whatever this thread :) ) - however to me this thread is some what overboard - but again, have it your way. you're the police here. ;)

regarding the siggy, FYI at 1024x768 my siggy will move downwards........ well, maybe not on your browser. :) too bad....

anyway i'll end my discussion here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.