Why you want to be a doctor?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wiiz, Jun 3, 2004.

1. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:) doctor is not in my family. all afraid of blood.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL! :haha:

Well, the job isn't exactly boring since you meet all sorts of people and all sorts of diseases. But what can I say... I'm not even a doctor yet! :haha:

But as far as I can tell from looking at what's going on in the hospitals, a lot of sacrifice is involved. Not only during training but also after it.

I'm sweating now... :mrgreen:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How many years you are going to be attached again? :think:

4. plasma

plasma Newbie

a computer nerd doctor...hhhmmm.....

gonna be telling his patient not to worry, he's got a cool mod in his office...

Doc : Dun worry, we've got the best equipment here...
    Patient : thanks doc, that's good to hear...
    Doc : Yeah, wanna take a look at my 2GB 9800???

:haha:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

2GB still 9800? :think:

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

my cousin likes the noble profession and he's going to madras soon too :p
    for me i would really like to be it too if not for 3 factors:
    1) i'm afraid of blood, no i don't mean the 1 drop of blood, i mean horrific bone breaking flesh tearing accidents with tons of blood
    2) i'm really afraid of people with any disease like cancer because something's etched in my mind that i might get it too, i do know it canot spread but i'm just so damn afraid
    3) i'm reallllyy scared of dead bodies which well, scares the heck outta me

btw, Adrian, does the cadavers really smell like Minyak Cap Kapak?(cousin tell me wan, no joke) :p

7. Adrian Wong

Four years. :whistle:

8. Adrian Wong

Err.. Not really. :mrgreen:

It's formalin, you know. It has a very strong smell and it can make your eyes water. But it doesn't really smell like medicated oil. Heh.. :mrgreen:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Imagine cutting open a dead body and the hand suddenly moves or the eyes open and look at you. :shock: :?

10. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

:mrgreen:

wat is cadavers? :think:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

STIM AR! :dance:
    really H L man..really H L..

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Cadaver=Dead body. :mrgreen:

I actually have no probs with dead bodies. :mrgreen:
    I went to see this exhibition called BodyWorld. Its by a german doc whom takes human cadavers and preserves them. Way cool. :thumb: It showed a lot of stuff. Everything inside the body was taken out. They had cadavers posing and then cut them up to show the insides. They had a pregnant cadaver that showed a 3mth old infant. Showed stillborn babies with various deforms. Quite interesting. I touched a preserved human brain and liver. :D Its preserved by plastication (or something like that :p ) What is done is, the tissue is sorta like combined with plastic. Real cool. Doubt it'll ever come to Malaysia though...

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

H L...? :roll: :think:

14. drab

drab Newbie

AAARRRGGGH..dont talk about doctors :? seen 20 in 3 weeks :cry: they want to cut me in bits ;)

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How are you drab? :think:

16. drab

drab Newbie

Better at home :shock: :!: :lol:

17. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:hand: i heard many horror story about dead body in hospital. not my job. :wall: :wall:

18. drab

drab Newbie

I heard stories about boddies.75 percent of mortuary workers admit to nechrophilia :shock: pity you are dead,cant enjoy :roll: the experience

19. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:think: cannot understand. waht u mean by that? imagine ure cutting a body and it kiss u. damn damn :wall: i cannot sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. drab

drab Newbie

NO sid.YOU kiss the body,not the other way round :doh: