Will Halo 2 come to PC ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by b104, Nov 19, 2005.

1. b104

b104 Newbie

The original Halo took a long time to be ported to PC but Halo 2 seems as if it has been forgotten altogether.Does anyone know whether it is even being ported or not? :mad:

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

don't think so.. but can always hope.. :whistle:

3. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

With the current emphasis M$ is placing on the Xbox 360 launch, and follow-up releases over the next few months, extending into the New Year Period and beyond, it is unlikely that they will sanction a port of Halo 2 that quickly to the PC.

Having said that, the Halo PC port was not very well optimised, and suffered from bad lag even on high-end systems (Mine was considered high-end at the time), showing that the half-assed job that they pulled on porting the game was more noticeable than the game itself.

Don't hold your breath. The PC has plenty of other good games going for it at the moment; Battlefield2, FEAR, and the soon to be release Call of Duty 2 for those of you with a penchant for FPS nuttiness.

4. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

eh Maximus.. u a fan of Megatokyo? :mrgreen:

5. Maximus_Detritus

Akho : Yes, I am. And I'm from Cat City too. (=

6. b104

b104 Newbie

I read a press release somewhere that now it had finalised the Xbox360 & made some of its i/o ports interconnectable with PC peripherals, & games that could be written for PC &Xbox platforms simultaneously, that it would now be turning its attention back towards the PC.
    Dont know whether Halo 2 can be read into that as well though.
    Afterthought:If games can be written for both platforms simultaneously,it is going open up the choice of games dramatically for Computer users.Not to mention M/S coffers!

7. Maximus_Detritus

That might actually limit gamers' choice, since they would have to live with games that are compromised in some way or form to be able to function on both platforms. The history of multi-platform games has rarely been encouraging. Some true stinkers have surfaced.

I would prefer titles that are developed specifically for the platform intended to make the biggest ROI for the publisher/developer, rather than a whole spread. This would ensure that each game is optimised for the platform in question, be it PC, Xbox 360, PS2 etc.

Then again, I also want to be a bllionaire by sitting on my ass and doing nothing. If you knwo what I mean.

8. b104

b104 Newbie

Actually,thinking about it. It will stink bigtime! :sick:
    If you can imagine M/soft acquiring the license for Half Life 3 & developing it with a major slant towards the Xbox. Twould be a sad day in gaming history indeed! :naughty: