Windows 7 Cost??

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ariyamusafir, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Hi,

With 22 October coming soon, less than 3 months away, just would like to survey the most probable price for an OEM version of Professional Edition.... Anyone knows??? Ermm.. rough figure would do....

2. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Oppsss... sorry...wrong area

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

OEM pricing? I don't think anyone knows that for sure. But generally you cannot get OEM pricing unless you buy the OS with a PC.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Actually you can buy OEM versions, but it's not even out yet.

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I know they are selling, but as I understand it, it's not actually "legal" unless you buy it with "something" like a mouse. LOL!!

6. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

but as for now, only windows 7 upgrade with every new bought vista, right?
    paying shipping fee around $20?

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Who cares man. It's legal copy anyway.

8. Adrian Wong

Wow.. They are charging you for delivery? It should be FREE.

Yes, the free Windows 7 upgrade comes with every newly purchased PC with Windows Vista. But only for OEMs who choose to participate - Tech ARP - The Microsoft Windows 7 Free Upgrade Option Program Rev. 4.1

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

yea. the last time i had Windows XP, i had to pay for the shipping for Vista upgrade :roll:

10. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I would imagine that a license will be ~$150 USD for OEM. The last thing MS will want to do is outprice Vista/XP with thier "new" "powerhouse". Personally, they should give you a discount for buying such a HOG! :snooty: Vista, rev.2. :wall:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

AFAIK, Windows 7 should be cheaper than Vista by a little. :D

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I'm not sure about the cost.

But I know, the cost to Microsoft is lower as the new packaging is supposed to be more 'environmental' friendly - Basically it's a nicer way of saying "hey we are giving you low quality packaging" LOL

13. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

Yeah, I read from other forum, they need to pay shipping fee around that.

14. Adrian Wong

15. miahman

miahman Newbie

for once i can say Europe RULESSSS!!!!!

this lyk the first time europe actually have an advantage/benefit compared to america.

the one i prordered was home edition for £50 (professional was £70 if i remember correctly <--- i'm not sure how much that would me in malaysian currency). and i get both 32 and 64 bit.

i jus couldn't stop myself from pre-ordering it.... eventhough i dont need it.... yet.

maybe it'll be of use on the future :D

EDIT:
    and if i remember correctly, if you order direct from microsoft they charge you for delivery

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009