Windows 7, upon hibernation, PC reboot

Discussion in 'General Software' started by karhoe, Jan 13, 2010.

1. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Hi guys, I am using Windows 7

Each time when I enter my PC into hibernation mode, after the PC successfully hibernate, the PC will power off, and instantly power on again, into BIOS, and resume back into windows.

What I usually do is to manually power off the PC once it power on again after hibernation.

This did not happen in Windows Vista.

Cheers

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, seems more like a bad installation of Win 7? which version are you running?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I wonder if it has anything to do with the BIOS option, AC PWR Auto Recovery. Try disabling that.

4. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

MSDN Gold release

Will try that, but I thought it's disabled by default already?

5. Adrian Wong

Well, you never know.

By right, that BIOS option should only have an effect if power gets cut off... but I'm thinking it may be a bug in your case.

6. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I went to BIOS and disabled all wake up options on BIOS, went to Windows and turned of USB suspend settings in power management, and it's still happening.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think I used to have this problem, and I couldn't solve the problem. It was due to Windows problem.

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Ah, too bad then, I read that this issue is caused by using a very large HDD which in my case, a 1TB HDD

9. Adrian Wong

Huh.. Really? Odd that the hard disk drive capacity should cause such an issue.

10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I was surfing the web. Sounds like it could be anything :haha:

11. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

But I also read that one of the problem caused by large hard disk involving waking from sleep is that larger hard disk takes longer time to power up, so as the HDD is not powered up when it is expected to do so, it resulted in BSOD, but this issue has been fixed already.

12. Adrian Wong

Oh I see... but I didn't know the spin-up issue was still such a factor. AFAIK, they had already resolved that long ago... :think: