Windows Experience Index

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by ianho, May 31, 2009.

1. ianho

ianho Newbie

My rig should have been scoring 5.9 a loooooong time ago but for some reason it was only doing 5.7 with Vista32.

Now that I've finally gone up to Vista64 it shows the full score of 5.9. Silly windows.......... Maybe it was my gfx cards swallowing up all the RAM eh? I always thought that RAM quantity didn't play a part in the score.

Any1 else have the same experience?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The Windows Experience Index will use the lowest score, so if your RAM is stuck at 5.7, then that's the maximum aggregate score.

I believe you are getting stuck at 5.7 because of the limited RAM. See here for more details.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

My score is at 5.8, not sure it means anything or not. :lol:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

My score for that was around 4. something something. :haha:

Btw, is it the main benchmark for computer performance? I heard many people often compare computers using that scale. :)

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's an arbitrary number AFAIK. Doesn't really mean a whole much to me. :p

Scaled from 1.0 to 5.9. (I'm at 5.9).

6. Chai

My CPU is only at 5.8... But my 3.8GHz will whoop most high end quad core systems, maybe except the i7. :lol:

7. ianho

ianho Newbie

Wheeeeeeeeeeee. Vista 64 now allows me to be free like a bird. Even my 3DM scores went up. My system must have been choking from lack of ram on 32bit. Anyway, after liberating myself from the shackles of 32bit, I've added another 4gb for a total of 8gb now. Everything is so nice n smooth now. Vista's gone mad though. It's chomping about 1.8gb just sitting on desktop!!!! :nuts:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  8. Adrian Wong

That's Vista alright. It will chomp as much RAM as it can, but a huge chunk of it will be for the disk cache. The disk cache is about 1.45 GB in your case.

Hey, still on SP2? :D

9. Chai

Isn't SP2 the latest already? Windows 7? :lol:

10. Adrian Wong

Aduiiiii.... So blur! :haha: :haha:

Speaking of SP2, it's still not appearing in my Windows Update. Has it appeared on yours?

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It appeared on mine a while back (a day after they released the seperate download).

12. Chai

It's on mine as well. But I'm having problems with my Windows. I can't install.

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

not apprearing on my rig yet. Hmmm

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

not for me too :D..russian..hmm...

15. Chai

I didn't wait for the Windows Update. I just installed SP2 on my machine right after I formatted my machine.