Windows Vista worth it?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by 1031982, Apr 27, 2007.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

No wonder la... :)

So indeed I have an original copy of Vista.

If I happen to do a system change (processor + motherboard) must I reactivate my Vista? Or the product key is already registered to that particular hardware? :)

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's not an OEM version. So it won't be bound to any hardware.

I actually have XP & XP x64 from MSDNAA... :p

3. The_YongGrand

That's cool!

So did they give you a CD with the product key only? Not the whole box version? :)

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, it was an ISO. But they gave the product key. an ISO in ~15mins = 1337... :p MS DL mirrors rawk... :thumb:

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

yeah.. ms servers are fast :thumb:

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

brr, unfortunately my course doesn't come under MSDNAA, nor am i entitled to any discounts, oh well

i agree, MS' servers are bloody quick, when I dl'ed vista rc2's iso, i got it under 15 mins at 3+ MB/s

7. The_YongGrand

Hey, a question about reactivation here.

So I have changed my board + processor, and did a reinstall of Vista. Unfortunately when activation it said, "Product key in use".

I called the Microsoft (Singapore) for the reactivation and it's pretty quick. I got it reactivated by Windows phone Support Team in the middle of the night too.

Is there a number of times you can reactivate or you can simply reactivate as much as you can? :D

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

didin`t read the hold 5 pages
    but imho

why should i?
    so it's a no for me :p very happy with my XP

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! I just got hit by the stupid Explorer.exe crash. When it crashes and you kill the process, that's it. I can't access any folder, or even reload Explorer. I can't even restart Windows VIsta. Had to manually power it off. :wall:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

AFAIK, there's no limit. Just as long as you have a valid reason.