Windows warning

Discussion in 'General Software' started by doraemon, Apr 25, 2006.

1. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

wat u guy think about this?:mrgreen:

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

not long before someone cracks it. :D

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... so how do they add that tattoo? Do we have to try to do a windows update first? :think:

4. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

yes, it will download the "cool tatto" when u update ur windows, if u're using "ahem" version :thumb:

5. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

better don't update ur Windows then.... :shifty:

6. :haha:

Is this applicable to Malaysia only or it's for the rest of the world? :wicked:

7. bslee

bslee Newbie

If only I were good at drawing humor cartoons, I'd draw Bill Gates and Balmer standing on the world map (marked with "non-g" Windows) holding a fly swatter and both strategizing which countries they'd have a crack at!..:wicked:

8. fyire

fyire Newbie

9. fyire

fyire Newbie

Something in that article in the star caught my eye:

"Users whose machines have been affected will only be able to get rid of the tattoo if they install a genuine copy of Windows. Prices range from RM320 for a copy of Windows XP Home (OEM version) to RM510 for Windows XP Pro (OEM version). "

Can you buy the OEM license for an existing machine? Or can you only get OEM licenses together with a new machine?

The other thing that came to mind in regards to OEM licenses is that its only valid if used with the same machine that its shipped with (where Windows is concerned), and that replacement of the motherboard for upgrade purposes (or basically, replacing the motherboard not due to defects) will render the OEM license void

10. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

Give it an hour. :D

Who gonna post the first tattoed screenshot? :p

11. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

my gosh!

I never KNEW I had a pirated windows version !

I will NEVER use a pirated software !

Now that I know, there can be only one thing to do now to stay on the right side of the law...

....I switch to linux. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Note to self: Off my auto-update when I get home tonight. Not that I'm using any pirated software. Just that auto-update lags my online gaming... :shifty:

13. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

may be it's an offer:nuts:

something i dun get it is...they still allow the computer continue running and even get the update...just that with the tatto only.
    but i thought all the "ahem" version cant be perform windows update?

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

you can even modify the windows defender to install on .. ahem windows :shifty: ..

just wait and see whats next :think:

15. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

True true...I agree:thumb:

16. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

The anti-piracy move is being kicked off in five countries tomorrow – the United States, Britain, New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia.

finally they started to do some major move?

17. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

From wat i read ahem version still able to update their windows.Oh yeah beside that i think the new genuine windows validation tools already cracked.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ppl will still crack it within hours :lol:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i dun care about ie7..firefox get my support :p

1 person likes this.
  20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

:thumb: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: