Wireless internet networking connection?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Edevai, May 30, 2012.

1. Edevai

Edevai Banned

OK. So I have been using BT Broadband for the past 3 years and I'm upgrading to have a wireless router thing so my home will be wireless networked(I think I know what I'm talking about). I guess I just want some useful tips and info on what to do when I get it. What router are Bt gonna put in? Negetive views on the thing? that sorta thing. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You are talking about British Telecom? No idea then... best you ask them. Even if I were using BT, the router they give me might be different from the one they give you. That's the case over here because the service provider can change the router or modem they provide you.

But I'm pretty sure they are going to give you a WiFi-N router. That's like the standard these days.

3. jamesmartin

jamesmartin Banned

just wanted to say thank you to you all!

4. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Newbie

It is best option to ask them about it. Everyone has its own idea about BT and no one have clear idea. It is better idea to ask the provider and have an authentic response.

5. coopscooper

coopscooper Newbie

How do you find BT's service generally? I live in the UK half the year and in Germany for the other half (not as jetset as it may sound :D ) and I seemed to always have router issues in the UK - would you recommend them?

For anyone reading from Europe and interested in routers / intenet, I can recommend my provider there - good customer service (very accommodating despite my crappy German) and solid performance overall.

Anyway, please let me know about BT - heading back to the UK for "summer" and I'm looking to change my current deal. :roll: