Wireless problems

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by NeoSquall, Apr 28, 2011.

1. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

Im at a total loss.. I dont understand my wireless problem.. I hope someone could help me.. Im using D-link DIR-300 as the router..

the problem is that my wireless seems to be very picky about sending information to certain devices.. my computer and my iphone doesnt seem to be able to surf using the wireless.. however, I can use laptop to surf..

I've done speedtest for both my comp and iphone. averaging to only 20kbps download and 20-30kbps upload.. for my laptop.. eventhough my iphone is just side by side or beside my comp.. it can reach speeds of 1.6mbps download and 300+kbps upload..

even if I go near near using my phone and put next to the router.. the speed is still the same.. very bad.. my laptop different.. go anywhere around my house.. the speed is good..

how can I solve this problem..?

your help is greatly appreciated..

this problem on started yesterday night.. it was fine before the wireless suddenly went dead for a while and I have to reboot my router..

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Time to get a new wireless. :p:p

3. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

damn it... unifi is still so slow... instalation for it is only 25th may.. if I buy a new wireless now its not worth it.. hahahaha...

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Could be different problems.

If you are facing problems surfing websites but have no problem downloading files, you should check your DNS settings. Try setting the DNS servers manually (Streamyx) :

You should also check your router settings. See if you set any restrictions, e.g. WiFi-b only or WiFi-G only for example. Change it to Auto or B/G/N.

5. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

I did not touch the router settings for 2+ years already.. only now its showing signs.. checked the router its all the same settings as far as I could remember..

its weird suddenly the problem appeared..

6. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Try changing the channel.

7. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

nice... it works.. but the connection now is erractic.. sometimes it slows down to almost a halt and then it picks up again.. meaning that I can surf one minute and the next I cant then the next minute its ok.. I dont get disconnected tho.. but my iphone still suffering..

my downloads is the same.. sucks..

damn it..