Work Out Procedures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Jan 2, 2008.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hi there,

Finally I ask this age old question - I need some strength for my engineering workshop and guess I need to do some workout to improve my strength.

First of all - I hope there's really no weird, weird ideas like binging! :haha:

I now doing pushups - so far it's gradually increasing, but it's just only 12 at the max but I now can do 10 in the morning and 10 in the evening (before that i can't!! :haha: ). I admit i'm too weak so I need more.

Any suggestions of work outs will be very welcomed! :D

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Building up your muscle? I guess the old ways are the best. Take more protein (egg whites!) and keep working the muscles you need the most. :thumb:

3. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

If you have the time then try using this as a work out: 1. Work out should be at least 1 hour long. 2. start with 15 min of high intensity cardio (treamill, cycling, jumprope). 3. 30 min of muscle building (if you don't have access to a gym then simple dumbells with adjustible wieghts are fine, usually i start of with crunches holding a 45lb weight on an inclined press, start with a weight that u can do a max of 10-12 reps. then increase the weight with each set that you do, up to a max of 3 sets. then switch to another area like tricepts, bicepts, pects yadadada.) 4. 15 min again of cardo.

Remember if your just starting out don't go killing urself all at once, you'll just end up in bed smelling like Bengay. Start light and work your way up. Focus on working out one muscle group at a time, i find that exercises or workout machine that excersice 3-4 different muscle don't give much improvement. Free weights are usually the better choice for building muscle fast.

Also like adrian said, more protein is always good, but even out your meals. Instead of having just breakfast, lunch, dinner, break them down into small meals 2-3 hours. this will help increase ur metabolism.

hope that helps

4. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

This video should motivate you, if you want to be macho... :wicked::mrgreen::thumb:

Click Here

:thumb:

5. The_YongGrand

Thanks guys for the info. :D

I think i'll start small first. Currently i have 2 15lb dumb bells but they are pretty heavy. Looks like I gonna do some more push ups first.

For the protein, the egg whites are nice (and not to mention the yolk too!).

doctor, I heard about one must keep eating to mass gain... whichever is more really important for strength, mass or muscle gain? :)

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Stress on stress been studying Aikido for about 15 years here.

Exercises work even at 40 lol and the tolerance is zero force :D

7. The_YongGrand

Danke doctor,

How about these protein supplements? Are they okay for a person above 21? :)