working or studyin??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by joyJoy, Aug 14, 2003.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

this buddy here i form five & facing spm trials after a week holiday next month .. .. #!@!#$@!$#

2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Thanks guys I was really getting confused with the form thing. So you actually attend a mandatory 11 or 12 years of public school? :think: 12 in US, (really 13 with Kindergarten..."german").

As far as the Machines to run DF... :cry: :cry: :cry: , these stay 80-90% loaded 24/7, unless power outage (Muuuhahahahaha! :twisted: ). Most are not connected to external network. We do use an "Xceed" or "Winterm" that allows PC connectivity to UNIX boxes but it really stinks!

:wall:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, it's actually like this...

Kindergarten (Children's garden or park in German, right?) is not compulsory.

Official schooling starts at Standard 1 in Primary School. That's equivalent to 1st Grade for Americans. There are six Standards altogether in primary schools. So...

Standard 1 = 1st Grade
    Standard 2 = 2nd Grade
    Standard 3 = 3rd Grade
    Standard 4 = 4th Grade
    Standard 5 = 5th Grade
    Standard 6 = 6th Grade

After primary school, the children progress to Secondary School. There are a total of 7 years (called Form) in secondary school, of which only the first 3 years are compulsory. So...

Form 1 = 7th Grade
    Form 2 = 8th Grade
    Form 3 = 9th Grade
    Form 4 = 10th Grade
    Form 5 = 11th Grade
    Lower 6 = Pre-University
    Upper 6 = Pre-University

So, Malaysia actually has compulsory schooling only for 9 years. But most children go on to at least Form 5 which gives them 11 years of schooling.

After Form 5 (or 11th Grade), students can choose to continue to Lower and Upper 6 forms or go on to college. If they continue in Lower and Upper 6, they get a shot at a seat in the public universities. If they continue in colleges, well, they would be limited to private universities.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Working... contract programmer at Goodyear Malaysia....

soon finishing the contract.. then moving on probably into an own venture... probaly ... :)

5. Brian

Brian Newbie

hmm, but kindergarten is not compulsory here in Malaysia

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Need an office boy? :D

7. lung

lung Just Started

My turn.

Let's see... Graduated in the year 2000, remained unemployed for almost a year through out 2001 (it's tough being an IT graduate in Malaysia :(), now working with Malaysia's biggest bank (no prize for guessing right :p) as middleware (IBM MQSeries) flow developer.

Heard that this IBM MQSeries thingy is very popular in the United States, but only recently start working its way to big companies in M'sia... How true is this? If I quit my job now, can I get a job with very-high-pay in the States? :mrgreen:

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

anywant want to hire me??? thinking of switching jobs... wanna leave Goodyear if i can...

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hire me first. I'm jobless. :cry:

Lung: Jobless for a year? No part time job? :think:

10. joyJoy

joyJoy Newbie

jobless?? although it's tough to find job but are u being choosy??

cos i got a friend, same batch with me. he's looking for big big companies, high high salary, so those small company want to hire him, he rejects. so end up jobless for a yr...

11. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

How about this job... ....you can apply if you want... :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

• job.jpg
      job.jpg
      File size:
      74.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Me choosy? Not at all... :D

I'm trying to get the CCNP free course but it seems that they don't want my 'Uni Leaving Cert' because of the 'expected to graduate' phrase. Going to get a new one from the university. Asked my sister to ask for me and she said it will take 1 week. Damn! :doh:

The places for the free course are taken up so fast. Why is this happening? :wall: :wall: :wall:

Let's pray I get it... :pray: :pray: :pray:

Anyone knows how much the CCNP cert cost?

13. joyJoy

joyJoy Newbie

maybe there are a lot of jobless graduaets gua...

14. vinzlim

vinzlim Newbie

sad case

15. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

wah mad1..dam good one!! :lol: where did u get it??? u should post dat as a new post man!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

16. Brian

Brian Newbie

haha, i'll take it :p :mrgreen:

17. lung

lung Just Started

Really jobless lar. I have to settle for part-time jobs like Data Entry... I sent out numerous application forms and only a few asked me for interview. And during the interview, most of them thought my asking price is too high (I put RM 2k, which is ideal at tha time). I'm willing to work for like RM 1.8k, but best offer I can get is RM 1.5k, which is IMHO, insulting to my degree! :(

Well, maybe my asking price is indeed too high, but in the end I landed a job with RM2k+ :p

18. joyJoy

joyJoy Newbie

hmm, then u are consider lucky lar. but if i were u, i would take the RM1.5K offer first, then while working, look for another job.

but i was consider quite lucky also, i got a job b4 i graduate and it's market price lor. RM1.8K.

19. vinzlim

vinzlim Newbie

how to survive with 1.8?
    joyjoy wat's ur job?

20. joyJoy

joyJoy Newbie

how to spend? i think 1.8 for a fresh grad is consider ok already.

spend wisely, should be enough...btw, this was like, 2 yrs back..

i'm a programmer.