wuxga resolution

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by cooloutac, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cooloutac

cooloutac Newbie

is too high!! jeez.... my uncle got a new lap top but u need a magnifying glass to read anything with its naitve resolution...he doesn't do cad lol

i hate having to lower the resolution to 1280 cause it gets fuzzy and slightly blurry......but when i increase the dpi to 200%! lol it only affects windows programs... like office. and IE/mozilla

when he loads his photo program...the menus and icons are microscopic

is there another way to change these settings am i missing something. I mean i don't get it if the resolution is affecting the program why doesn't the dpi too?

will he just have to live with the slight blur if i lower resolution?

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

get an external LCD :) or just lower the resolution. cant think of any other method.

3. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

What is his laptop's screen size? For a WUXGA to function well as a proper workstation in Windows, most LCDs need to be at least 24" in size, which is near impossible for a notebook.

And those smaller screen laptops that do use WUXGA are more geared to gaming, movies and even picture viewing/editing which can take advantage of the sharpness and detail of the high resolution, with the drawback of everything being small when working in Windows, of course.

Have you tried all other lower resolution settings? There might be one which is just nice and does not cause it to be blurry or fuzzy.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can increase the Windows font size. The icons will remain small but at least all the text will be readable.

5. cooloutac

cooloutac Newbie

ya its only a 15" monitor lol u need a magnifying glass at that resolution to read thing..

i raised the dpi and font size... but non microsoft programs stay microscopic so i guess he has no choice. I didn't know these things until now but a wxga is the way to go.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Most apps should allow you to change the size of the fonts / icons displayed.