X-Fi Xtreme Music Sound Blaster!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by aKho, Dec 28, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Phok seems to love that card :)

3. aKho

ZuePhok!! where are you!! :mrgreen:
    but this card doesn't have the X-RAM! only the fataliy and elite pro version has them... :think:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

make sure the card u are getting has the latest BIOS..

the first batch doesn't want to work nicely on nforce4 based mobo due to BIOS pro..

yes i like this card. all the applications work just wonderfully. now I can just leave them running in my system tray and still they wont crash even after a week :D :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  5. aKho

is it worth plunking down RM300 just for improved sound over on-board audio? is there really a big difference? like "WOW" i can't believe what i've been missing all this time...that kind of feeling?

how do i tell if it's the first batch or what Bios it's using unless purchasing it and testing it.. :think:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

unfortunately, you have to test it..
    what mobo do u have? if it's not nforce 4 then ok la..

sound quality wise, haha subjective la.

7. bslee

bslee Newbie

Its this time that Creative sound card prices are more expensive to Malaysians perhaps because its pegged to US$ and I see the price really hurts!. I'll do without it for the time being. In USA its like buying a 100 buck card..that sounds reasonable!.
    As always, there's better and could be cheaper/affordable things to come in future.

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

nv expected them to write such a great package. TBH, i was expecting the mode switcher to crash within 20-30 tries due to the way it deals with the hardware (release the chip and reload). to me surprise but it didn't and it never crashed!!!

mode switcher allows you to devote the entire chip for a particular activity (gaming/entertainment/music creation).

the card sounds significantly better in headphone (if u have a great pair of cans). but i kenot promise u will hear the same..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  9. aKho

i've no doubt it's gonna sound better.. but not sure if worth getting just for better sound. if it improves gaming then i'll consider but the X-RAM versions are way too expensive...

so, anyone interested to buy a brand new X-Fi Xtreme for RM400, or 2nd hand 3 months old with warranty for RM300? friend is selling.. :mrgreen:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm probably the very few here that goes from SB Live to non-3D accelerated sound card! :haha:

11. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Now, what, if any, advantages would there be to go to this card from the Audigy 2 ZS?

12. aKho

unless your an audiophile.. not much difference..
    but the Fatality and Elite Pro editions would improve gaming speed... :D

13. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Thanks, that helps a lot. Seeing how most game I will want to play will be on the 360 (that need power that is) I will just get those versions. Other then that, the stuff I will be playing now is Myst and other adventure/puzzle games. No use for me!