Xbox 360 and PS3: death to PC gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ject, Jun 4, 2005.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

then reviewers will eventually get no nice game to benchmark :lol:

2. pinchetti

pinchetti Newbie

Consoles will have their place and drive graphics card development... PCs have other uses though, and if I can write my own mods and run all my apps on a PC, the console will only ever be an optional extra... never a substitute.

3. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Agreed... One single sytem monopolizing the industry? Not good at all... :snooty:

I also agree with the general consensus here... We won't be seeing the demise of PC gaming anytime in the near future... :cool:

[if I'm proven wrong I'll come back and eat this post :haha:]

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

well, for the general market, it's a pretty good concept. this is why we have digital home system nowadays :D
    one system to power everything, from multiple instances gaming, to tv recording, to picture viewing, internet browsing, online transaction..balbalbalbalba..it's cheaper, and u dun have to have that many "machines"..

but of course, it's pretty much a very generalized machine...

PS3 and xbox have the potential to be one too...

5. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

That's true... It'll definitely be a very generalized machine! Almost like the "brains" of your home from one of those futuristic movies! :shock: :haha:

What I meant was that if, in the future, there was only one "Ultimate Entertainment System" [to borrow the phrase from Gasjatt], and only one manufacturer behind it, or heck, even a jointly-manufactured product, surely that would be bad for the consumers? :think:

With no competition, all the manufacturer would be concerned with would be to get their product into every single home, while neglecting to develop newer and better games to attract buyers... Since there's no other system they could opt for! :doh:

I suppose what I mean to say is that it wouldn't be good if there was only one corporation behind only one system... Am I making sense? :? :shifty: :haha:

6. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

all the games is boring. and most the game they have is almost pc available. but ps3 in the other hand got a lot of crazy games. especially the new ff series. the graphics is so incredible. thats a system to buy.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think there's a lot of games not available on the PC...

8. Terryb47

Terryb47 Newbie

Indeed, nowadays PC gamers sometimes are dying to play console ports :p

9. Right. Mario/RE series in Gamecube, FF/MGS series in PS2, Halo/ninja gaiden in xbox....all are great games that we won't find in PC. But PC has it's own hot titles. i.e. WC3.

I love FPS games (I tried some fps games using friend's PS2, the control sucks!), that's the only reason I've never buy a console. (after Dreamcast)

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Mario rocks man...The last time I played Mario was on Super Nintendo and Mario 64 on emulator... :roll:

11. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

I think that to a cretin extent PC gaming will die. But RTS games like Starcraft and Warcraft, IMO, will never do well on consoles. As for FPS games, they can be good on consoles, but usually the aiming part is somewhat difficult. What makes it worse is that the sensitivity is software based and it's programmed by the game designers. So it changes every game.
    In the end, things will be how they are now. We might see shifting on the popularity, but it will stay even.

12. Granite

Granite Newbie

I can definitely see where the PC's and consoles might end up converging in the future, at least for more casual users. I'm sure PC games will exist for years and years to come either way.