XBOX, PS3 or Graphics Card?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dashken, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm in a dilemma now.

XBOX - Cheaper and games are also "cheaper"
    PS3 - Some exclusive games I really like but generally games are expensive
    Graphics Card - Outdated too fast. New games are hard on graphics card even if I bought a good one now, 6-8 months down the road... need to buy again? :|

Some thoughts would be highly appreciated. :beer: :pray:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Xbox is alright but it's pretty shitty hardware wise. Paid online multiplayer.

PS3 is really nice but you'll need a HD setup to really enjoy it. Does a ton of things and will do a lot more as time goes on (constantly adding features).

I personally think graphics cards are the cheapest choice. But again they get replaced fast (6 months cycle haha).

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I'd go with a graphics card. PC tech gets old pretty quick, but you can still play the latest games; you'd just need to turn the quality down a bit. Anyway, always buy a video card that's in the mid-range, so you can sell it down the road without losing too much money, and buy a new card!

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I say PS3, it came a long way. Games are good, well dun buy too many just one then buy another.

Damn I miss my PS3. :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I would prefer to go with a graphics card upgrade. True, newer games will keep pushing the requirements higher and higher. However, not all games require insane amounts of graphics processing power.

With the exception of Crysis and Crysis Warhead, the other 3D FPS games have pretty reasonable performance requirements. As long as you do not insist on anti-aliasing, I think a reasonable graphics card upgrade (GTX 260+ or Radeon HD 4850 level) would run most games very well with most of the eye candy enabled.

Don't forget, you also get to play other kinds of games... and you can still use the computer for work! :D

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I wish I'm staying in KL. :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... I do agree. After many days of thinking, I'm moving towards graphics card because my LCD tv, my dad always watching. :doh:

So, after move to new house, I'll have my PC all to myself. Old PC will be downloading, new PC will use to play game. Hmm... 4870 or 4890? 4890 or 275GTX? :think:

Consoles are headache. Jasper la, Falcone la, 3ROD la... RROD la... waa...!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

How much power do I need to power up the config below? I meant the PSU.
    Thanks in advance. :beer:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I definitely prefer PS3 for gaming now. I think you have to own one to truly appreciate console.

I have a perfectly game-able graphics card, but I find myself playing PS3 far more often. In fact, I haven't game on PC for quite a while. Any other games other than FPS? PC gaming is super boring now.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I love how you mentioned the XBOX 360 as all headaches.... :haha:

I have friends who have gone through 6-7 within the three year RRoD warranty. :haha: They'll call me and go "Ugh dude, I can't play gears/halo with you. RRoD."

I vote for PS3 haha.

10. Chai

Oh yeah, I still have a 8800GTX lying around. Do you want it? :lol:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

PS3 games so expensive. RM160-RM250. Pengsan... :faint:

8800GTX ah? Aiya Chai... you should offer me 1-2 years ago la. Anyway, thanks. :mrgreen:

Btw, how do you guys play FPS on consoles? Not hard meh?

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Its not bad when you get used to it. I still play a majority of my shooters on PC, but when it comes to the console exclusives (Killzone 2, Battlefield: Bad Company, Halo series) I do alright. Not as fast as keyboard and mouse but I do decent. Multiplatform shooters are PC for me though (like Fallout 3). PC > PS3 > Xbox 360 is the way I usually go... :mrgreen:

13. Adrian Wong

Yeah, right... It's so hard to even get you to come for the annual BBQ party!!! :wall: :wall:

14. Adrian Wong

Get a 550W PSU, but make sure it's a good one. That should be more than enough. :)

15. Adrian Wong

Uh.. Please don't remind me about Fallout 3. So damn addictive. If I get hooked again, that's it, man... :lol:

1 person likes this.
  16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

17. Adrian Wong

18. Chai

I don't even play FPS games now. Same shit, different smell.

19. Adrian Wong

I wonder if there will be a revival of adventure games... I miss them.

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Try Uncharted on PS3... :p