XBOX, PS3 or Graphics Card?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dashken, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

PS3 FTW!

I can't live without PS Store. Quite a lot of cool contents to download and buy. Simple games like Star Strike HD (RM25), Rag Doll Kung Fu (free!) are quite addictive and fun! :haha:

Wii is a family console, not really a gaming console for hardcore gamers. Definitely won't suit you.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Totally agree! Which is why I've put off the main quest for so long! :lol: :lol:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. I think after I beat the main quest (to go into Broken Steel), I only had very few places left on the map that I haven't discovered yet. :lol: That also sucked when Broken Steel came out because I was already a level 20 for a LONG time already. But since Broken Steel, I played the Pitt and Point Lookout and now I've maxed out to level 30... :p

Yeah. My Wii has been gathering dust. In fact, I just disconnected it (but left the console out since I'm too lazy to put it back in the box).

PSN truly is versatile. I actually use it as opposed to XBL Marketplace. I think the only XBL game I have is the one they gave for free a while back. Though I am kinda considering another one I saw in E3. The games on PSN are a lot better. That and you can get some of the classics and play it on your PSP/PS3 as well (playing KoF 99 and Crash Bandicoot on the go right now haha)... :mrgreen:

4. jason18689

jason18689 Newbie

Graphic Cards !!!!!!!!!!
    PS3 will never beat pc's graphic cards nowadays...
    Common sense proofs it all...
    When was PS3 launched? End of year 2006..
    Certainly, PS3 are using 2006's latest graphics technology...
    Can it beat the likes of GTX295 or HD5870, a 2009's graphics technology..

5. Chai

Very true, but then you are missing out a lot of very nice games on X360 and PS3. Some games are cross platforms, I still have a PC to play those games.

6. Adrian Wong

Totally agree. With the rapid improvement in 3D cards, it makes more sense to stick with the PC... if you can afford the upgrades! :D

7. Chai

If you only think graphics is what makes a game great, then I would agree with you, but that's really not the case.

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's not to say stuff on consoles are slouches either (well except for the console that kinda rhymes with "Pee"). There are PS3 games that have absolutely stunning graphics. The upcoming Uncharted 2 (I'll verify it when I get it in a ~ 2 weeks) seems to be absolutely beautiful. Gran Turismo as always is nice, MGS4. These games are also console exclusive. Which is why I have a nice rig for my PC games, but consoles for my console games. Depending on genre of game, multiplatform games are always PC for me (they're usually cheaper than the console versions too LOL). Like Fallout 3, I got for PC. But other games (like third person games), I prefer console (like Batman Arkham Asylum). RPGs and RTS' will forever be PC games for me though. Shooters will be PC preference (but then there's Halo, Killzone, Resistance, et al thats console only).

9. Chai

Yeah, GT5P and MGS4 are graphically stunning games. I played Batman on PC for 'some' reasons. :lol: There's no single game on PC that matches the 2 games, especially GT5P.

Get all 3 if you have moola!!!

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

I'll get all the consoles and gpu if i were you (ps3 slim cheap di :p..wii also and xbox :haha:)fallout 3 main quest all finish, now touring the whole place for items (ooh, stuck in some alien spaceship now >_>)must..get..ps3...fapfapfap....Ratchet and clank~

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

In the end, I didn't buy any one of them. Instead I bought Cooler Master 690 casing, 1x2GB OCZ RAM and a MSI mobo with x8 SATA ports... I'll be running 2x2GB OCZ RAM, 3x 1TB, 2x 750GB and 1x 250GB HDDs with a 9500GT. :shifty:

I have been installing Windows 7 for the past week. But while expanding files at 0% (the highest I got was 17% with a Beta Windows 7 DVD, I tried everything, downloaded a couple of Windows 7 as well) I get an error message... "windows cannot copy files required for installation. the files may be corrupt or missing. make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code:0X80070241"

I've changed everything, PSU, RAM, mobo, HDD, SATA cables, IDE cables, ODD and I got that same error everytime. :wall: :wall:

Finally I gave up. Just passed my system to my friend to try his luck. Maybe he has better luck or I'm just noob. :shifty: :pray:

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

you should pass the pc to us T_T...why your friend T_T....

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Finally found out the Windows 7 DVD he passed to me was faulty... and also one of my OCZ RAM is the culprit as well. :wall: Should have bought a value Kingston RAM instead... :faint:

Har? Pass to you guys? Nothing left man... :mrgreen:

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

erm,I just love to molest those new hardwares :haha: don't mind helping install also :p....but you in penang >_<

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

System is up. Very impressed with my friend's cable management. Pics will be up soon... :D

16. Adrian Wong

Your friend's cable management? He helped you set it up?

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nope... he helped me install Windows 7. The DVD he gave me was faulty. Haha... then he helped me to manage the cables in the chassis... :D

18. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Ready when you are.... :drool:

19. Chai

In the end, your machine is still not very capable of playing games?