Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by zy, Apr 8, 2006.
lol .. camera shop .. dun think so ..
I had exactly the same issue with my VR-340. I tried formatting both through the GUI and Command Line, I tried FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT. Apparently some Olympus camera's don't like it if you format the card on a windows machine:
Ask Olympus: Tips about memory card usage
"Memory cards should be formatted to maintain top performance. They should only be formatted using the camera - never format using a computer as it may render the card unreadable by the camera."
The issue seems to be related to how windows partitions the drive, to fix it;
1. Run cmd.exe as Administrator
2. Type "Diskpart" and press Enter
3. Type "List Disk" and press Enter
4. Once you've identified the correct disk type "Select Disk X" where X is the disk number and press Enter
5. Type "List Partition" and press Enter
6. There should only be one partition, type "Select Partition X" where X is the Partition number and press Enter
7. Type "Delete Partition" and press Enter
8. Type Exit and transfer the SD card to the Camera
9. Format the card with the camera (may take a few tries) and it should work fine.
Separate names with a comma.