XFX Gefore 7900 GT 450M 256MB DDR3

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by peti1212, Feb 19, 2007.

1. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

Hi everyone, and welcome to my second review.

In january I have won two XFX Geforce 7900 GT's on the January contest, and I got it on February 14th. I have decided to write a small review on these great video cards. Tell me if you have any questions or you want to suggest me something in the next reviews.

It arrived nicely packed, full with foam and the box was not bumpy.

[​IMG]

Some information about the Video card:

Memory Clock: 1370Mhz (Effective)
    Clock Rate: 470Mhz
    Memory Type: DDR3

Features:

128-bit Studio-Precision Computation
    128-bit studio-precision computation through the entire pipeline prevents image defects due to low precision and ensures the best image quality for even the most demanding applications.

256-bit Memory Interface
    Delivers more memory bandwidth and efficiency to power the latest games and applications at blazing speeds.

Adaptable Programmable Video Processor
    PureVideo's programmable technology adapts to new video encoding formats as they are developed to provide a future-proof video solution. (Feature requires supported video software.)

Advanced Spatial Temporal De-interlacing
    Smoothes video and DVD playback on progressive displays to deliver a crisp, clear picture that rivals high-end home theater systems.

Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
    Blazing-fast RAMDACs support dual QXGA displays with ultra-high, ergonomic refresh rates--up to 2048x1536@85Hz.

Dual DVI Support
    Able to drive the industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays.

High-Speed GDDR3 Memory Interface
    Support for the world's fastest GDDR3 memory delivers fluid frame rates for even the most advanced games and applications.

Integrated HDTV Encoder
    Provides world-class TV-out functionality up to 1080i resolution.

Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 Support
    Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all DirectX® 9 applications, including Shader Model 3.0 titles.

Next-generation Superscalar GPU Architecture
    Delivers up to 2x the shading power of previous generation products taking gaming performance to extreme levels.

NVIDIA® CineFX™ 4.0 Engine
    Delivers advanced visual effects at unimaginable speeds. Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture with new texture unit design streamlines texture processing for faster and smoother gameplay.

NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control™ (DVC) 3.0 Technology
    Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

NVIDIA® Intellisample™ 4.0 Technology
    The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern, advanced 128 Tap sample coverage, 16x anisotropic filtering, and support for transparent supersampling and multisampling.

NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Technology
    The combination of high-definition video processors and NVIDIA DVD decoder software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater. (Feature requires supported video software.)

NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ II Technology
    Enhances the performance of bleeding-edge games, like id Software's Doom 3, that feature complex scenes with multiple light sources and objects.

nView™ Multi-Display Technology
    The nView hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience.

OpenGL™ 2.0 Optimizations and Support
    Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL applications. NVIDIA® nView® Multi-display Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.

PCI Express™ Support
    Designed to run perfectly with the next-generation PCI Express bus architecture. This new bus doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X delivering over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and downstream data transfers.

Video Color Correction
    Color temperature correction makes actors' faces appear natural, rather than washed out and pale, when playing videos on LCD and CRT displays. Display gamma correction ensures videos are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out regardless of the video format or display. (Feature requires supported video software.)

90nm Process Technology
    Delivers higher performance through blazing clock rates.

Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
    NVIDIA's third-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista give users the best possible experience with the 3D graphical user interface in the upcoming operation system (OS) from Microsoft.

High-Definition H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration2
    Smoothly playback H.264, MPEG-2, and WMV video—including WMV HD—with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work.

NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
    Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unparalleled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards to run in parallel. The must-have feature for performance PCI Express graphics, SLI dramatically scales performance on over 60 top PC games.

More pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3DMark06 score: 5643

It seems that I got a low score on 3DMark06, but it is caused by my processor i believe. I also use a older motherboard, and that might cause the problem too.

Temperature: GPU1 Idle:52C GPU1, Load:72C ; GPU2 Idle:47C, GPU2 Load: 68C

The The whole heatsing goes all over the GPU and the memories on the Video card.

Overclocking: I could go up to Memory: 779Mhz (1558Mhz Effective) and 498Mhz core.

Conclusion:

Pros:

Runs games at 16xAF and 4xAA with little or no loss in performance!
    Very small and quiet cooler!
    Nice Looking
    Standard Power connector for those who don't have a PCI-E connector already mounted into the power supply. If you have a modular power supply then this isn't a con.

Cons:

No HDR and Anti Aliasing at the same time.
    Standard Power connector for those who have a PCI-E connector (need to use converter)

Overall this is a Kickass Product!

Thanks to XFX and Bjorn3d for allowing me to win these exelent video cards!

Tell me how you like my review, and let me know if you want more info on something.

Peter

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  2. Nice! I like the pics! :)

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Double the graphics card, double the fun!!

Great pics! Thumbs up! :D

4. JaYp146

JaYp146 Newbie

Have you compared ambient temperatures inside the case for one card vs. the SLI setup?

I've always wondered how much of a difference there is ...
    Just a thought. :cool:

5. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

oh, I haven't done that yet. I don't have the right measuring materials for it yet :|