You DO NOT laugh when this Japanese man tries to speak "Engli"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ZuePhok, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. Jet

Jet Just Started

LOL!!
    I watched it before... It really makes you laughing like mad.. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Me too...!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

When they showed 100 and the guy's face... I nearly fainted... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

4. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

Dun laugh at ppl la...:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i was watching this at work and laugh till face red..and i can't watch it finish..half-way through will laugh..i showed my colleagues and they all can't watch it finish..will end up laughing half-way :haha:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Imagine I was one of the students...

My 'sifat' (butt) will bleed.

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! The guy who got caned 3 times in a row... jackpot! :haha: :haha: :faint:

8. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Newbie

I thought is was priceless when the poor guy started counting his "tens" using fingers in order to say "100". As if the English speaking nations would really say "100" by repeating the word "ten" so many times.

Having lived in Tokyo for two years, I can admit that their shows are pretty much just like this clip. However the game shows usually have topless European women in them.

9. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Good thing I wasn't in the game :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

The guy trying to speak english reminds me of someone I worked with. :faint:

The guy on the video I can handle, but around the 1:50 mark the guy chewing his book :lol:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that's pretty much the standard over here i guess..

taiwanese shows are about the same.

12. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I learned a little bit of Japanese - they don't have the 'v' - they have the nearest subsitute for 'v' which is 'b'. And they don't usually pronounce the 'q' properly - instead they approximate it to 'ko'. That is why when the guy pronounce 'Venice' and 'Question' he pronounce it in a Japanese manner, directly converting the 'v' and the 'q'. There are many foreign loanwords which sounds like English or American but they pronounce it in a Japanese way. For example, uh... tabako (tobacco, cigarette), uh... what else? Depato (department store). Maruko Poro? (Marco Polo), Terebi (television) and the list goes on... :shock:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

great stuff yonggrand :thumb:

14. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hehe.. thanks. :D

I guess when he started counting numbers above 19, he got stuck, and in his mind probably he wanted to say "ni jyu (20)" in English, but he directly translate it so it becomes "two tens" and of course, he said ten for twice.

Ni jyu ni? (22) = ten ten two?

Ni jyu go? (25) = ten ten five?

Then how about hyaku (百) (100) = ten x ten??

On the days of week section, he has Sunday and Saturday in his vocabulary, but not the rest of the days. He is trying to mention Tuesday (he said Ka-you-bi, 火曜日) in English but he translated it into unintelligible word... :shock:

15. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

hahahahaha very good!

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!! Hilarious!!!

Love the way he translated 20 as ten-ten!! :thumb:

Yes, he didn't know the word, but man, was he quick in coming up with a way of conveying that he KNEW what it was! :mrgreen: :thumb:

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LMAO!!!!!
    I don't know why but I couldn't watch the whole video :haha:

18. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

more japanese english lessons; Aerobics, english and self-defence 3 in 1 lesson:
    http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/learn-english-workout-p1.php

Actually, I think the most incredible side of this video is the SUBJECT of the english sentences you are supposed to learn...

...while doing aerobics....

...does japanese people never, never, NEVER loose their time?