Zouk Abuse...

Discussion in 'Peaz' started by peaz, Nov 11, 2005.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Scary shyt... and to think I went to the discos in Haadyai.. :?

Hmm... if both of them are really making out in the toilet, would they be so free to write a long blog entry like that? :think:

But she's absolutely right about people not helping those in need... when you see people get robbed, passer-bys will just stare or stand nearby and see what happen next. This is Malaysians for you. :hand:

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

That's ****ing outrageous. Much as I love Zouk (Singapore), they should take the whole lot of them to court! :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. peaz

I think the most appalling fact is that no one went to help or even at least asked wat was happening. Seeing helpless people getting bashed up, especially a lady is just simply outrageous.

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I think it's not reasonable to expect individuals to stand up to 4 bouncers, unless maybe there was a group of guys...
    Still, I think the issue is that these unbelievably irresponsible and unreasonable bouncers can brutally attack these people and get away with it. :roll:

6. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Did you read the comments to her entry? o.0....

Some people were scoffing the entire thing, others were trying to pick on her pointing out that the bouncers were Malay and Indian thereby demanding if she was being racist. (Methinks it is the person who is oversensitve?)

Think we should tell Intel (since they hosted their party there before and they really wouldn't want their own rep to be sort of smeared by having any links with Zouk, would they?) about this? One of the posters already suggested Jeff Ooi.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The thing is.. it's very hard to determine who's right and who's wrong.

Does writing a blog make her any more truthful than Zouk?

Her story is plausible... and yet again, there are some pretty far-out explanations. :think:

But in any case, the bouncers have no right bashing someone up. If a client has misbehaved, drag him out.

So, if he was really bashed up, he should immediately go to a hospital for a full check-up and get the doctors to document the injuries. Then, file a police report for criminal charges, and engage a lawyer to sue Zouk's ass off in a civil case.

But if they can't do that... well, you know what that means. ;)

Just a thought .. I have yet to see a single picture of his injuries. And apparently, even the Chinese newspapers reported that they were making out in the restroom. :think:

I've been to Zouk during the recent Intel event and as far as I can tell, there's a Bangladeshi worker in the restroom. If the guy did actually collapse, I think the Bangladeshi worker would have noticed, wouldn't he? :think:

On the other hand, he wouldn't have allowed HER to enter the men's room for a "private smooch and touch session", would he? :think:

8. peaz

True, the story may not be 100% true. still, if the claim of a history of rudeness by Zouk bouncers, then things just gets a bit more interesting. I guess we won't know until more victims (if any) comes out and tell their tale.

One thing though, my colleagues are saying that why did she just went into the mens bathroom and that she was immediately wrong because of that. This I cannot understand, especially in this modern age. True, in normal cases, please do not do it but in the case of an emergency, are you telling me that I cannot enter the girls bathroom to save my love ones (of course with a warning that I'm coming in before I enter)? :confuse:

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, rushing into the men's room is already a mistake to begin with. She did another mistake by locking the door. Why would she want to lock the door in the first place? If I were her, I wouldn't even have time to think of locking the door worrying that someone is going to hit them.

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

One of the comment really hit me, she said James's liver is bad, etc... why did she let him drink any liquor at all? :nuts: And 2 rounds somemore! :doh: And is a club a suitable place for a person in critical condition who might just call it a night out of the blur? :mrgreen: :nuts:

Nuts... if want, go la cafe or something. :doh:

Somemore lock the door, wtf did she have time to lock the door? This is really something to think about. :think: You asked people to ask for help, call hospital, etc and you attend to your bf with the door locked? Sounds stupid to me.. :think:

Well, about the pictures, she did say that all the bruises looked bad, so she didn't want to :sick: you guys. :haha:

11. Adrian Wong

Wait, she's assuming that that was exactly what happened.

What if the blogger was not telling the truth at all? :think:

12. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Locking the door is the odd part. I wouldn't even have time to lock the door. :roll:

I mean, go right in and see what's going on. Why lock the door?? :roll:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Unless of course they are having fun and doesn't want anyone to disturb them, which sounds a lot more logical to me.

14. peaz

Well, many ppl still smoke when they know it's bad for them. Many ppl drink anywhere even when they know they have Hepatitis B and even liver conditions. it's normal for people to think that they are invincible despite their conditions. So, I think this is a non-issue becuase I doubt that there are so many saints around anyways these days.

15. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Her account may be biased but the fact that she put up the blog and has been interviewed and everything (see newspaper articles) makes me inclined to think that she at least believes that she is telling the truth.

16. Adrian Wong

The thing is.. the newspaper articles seem to tell a different story. At least, that was one of the comments I read about the Chinese newspaper story. :think:

In any case, believing you are telling the truth is not the same as telling the truth. :mrgreen:

Sometimes, people just refuse to admit the truth, even when they know it. :mrgreen:

17. Adrian Wong

That's true.. but I think that's the usual attitude of the sufferers, not their friends or relatives who care about them. :think:

I mean, I've seen people with Hep. B who continue to drink like there's no tomorrow. I've also seen smokers suffering from breathing difficulties and yet continue to puff and puff like the big bad wolf.

But I have never seen their relatives or friends go, "Hey, you wanna go down some shooters with me?" or "Have a smoke on me!". :mrgreen:

Seriously, I would expect my friends and relatives, especially my girlfriend to be my moral backstop, rather than the devil on my shoulder. Wouldn't you? :haha: :haha:

18. Adrian Wong

BTW, doesn't Zouk have closed circuit cameras? Maybe they have clips of the altercation?

Also, what about testimonies from their friends? If I remember correctly, they were there with friends.

About the photos of the bruises, hey, if you are not shy enough to post this online and ask people to sign your petition, don't be shy to show us some bruises. ;)

I hate to play the devil's advocate but someone's gotta do it. It's easy to get swayed by something like that and start trashing Zouk. We have got to be fair to everyone and analyze all the facts before arriving at any conclusion.

TBH, until now, I have not seen any evidence. Only a single testimonial by the girl, which is probably biased in some degree. None from her boyfriend, none from her friends. No pictures, no medical report, nothing. Zilch. Nada. Elek.

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

No-no, the thing is this girl is using 'my bf's condition is critical, liver darn bad, etc.' to start the whole story with... that's like create a space for you to sympathize before she starts the whole thing. Damn chun.. :thumb:

I know some sick people just don't care... if me I also don't care la, want to die already, happy while I still can. :mrgreen:

20. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Well, what's the premise? That she really had been making out and gotten caught? She already addressed that: they're already living together.

And if she were making out -- would she be throwing such a big fuss? Wouldn't she be laying really low?