Abit or DFI???

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by dalivision, Dec 3, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, but at a price... :wall:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Abit is still a second tier motherboard manufacturer today, while MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte are the top tier...

ASUS is expensive because they always pack in tons of features on their motherboard. And ASUS still holds the crown for having the best Intel chipset based motherboard today. AMD is among the top, but not the best...

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, thats a good point. Just like the ASUS 925 chipset mobo. I've never seen so many things packed in it... :shock:
    But amongst second tier, I'd go for DFI.. ;)

I really wonder how MSI became 1st tier... :confused:

4. Chai

MSI is the second biggest motherboard manufacturer after ASUS. They must be doing A LOT of OEM businesses like ASUS. :D

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, you're right.... :p

6. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Believe it or not, MSI also do alot of enthusiast business themselves. They get ubelievably good exposure in the written press (esp M'sian mags), which leads ppl to belive they are the best, and end up buying them. I wuld know, I used mag recommendations when buying my i875P Neo FIS2R a year ago.

:wall: Problem after problem after problem. Couldnt install linux, couldnt use ATi Radeon cards, problems with the SATA ports, the onboard LAN was moody, and the BIOS was buggy. :wall:

HOwever, seeing as it is that this isn't an anti-MSI thread, I shall refrain from doing too much MSI-Bashing. HOwever, i AM a DFI FanBoy now though. They seriously ROCK. Stable, good OC'ers, not as pricy as ASUS, although feature-packed in ehtir own right. And of course, that heart-warming UV glow :thumb:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I second MD's views... :doh: I've had my fair share of tumultous experience with them. I've had experience with three of their boards.. All of em were equally painful.... :mad: Live update sucks. The mobos always have something cranky (LAN, ram slots, booting prob, etc) Needless to say, I WON'T touch another MSI mobo ever... :thumb:

8. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

i havent believed any english pc magazine after i realized they dont test overclocking at all.

but taiwan magazines... that's a different story. ;)

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Why read magazines? :lol:

10. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

haha. yea ur right. forums are the best place to get info.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

And most hardware review sites... ;)

12. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

thg for intel for sure.

13. like this one? i know ive gotten a lot of info from this site :)

anyway, since most of you think that abit has lost it's flair, i think dfi wins this forum thread. not necessarily, but since most of yall think that

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, I agree with u on that... :haha:

I'm glad that ARP has managed to convey knowledge to you. :thumb: :arp:

15. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI! DFI!

16. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

17. Chai

Nope, I don't love DFI because they are not releasing NF3 Socket 939! :wall:

18. why nf3? the nf4 has more options for about the same price. but you already have agp card..

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Thanks for the heads up SAMSAMHA! :clap: :beer:
    CHai doesn't want to change his 3dcard yet. Thats why he's going for NF3.. :mrgreen:
    GO DFI! :thumb: :haha:

20. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

unfortunately nf4's dont have the agp slot to put it in.