Come One, Come All, Step Right Up, Pay and Meet the One and ONLY PAPERCUT(man)!!!

Discussion in 'Spotlight!' started by cypris, May 25, 2005.

1. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

ur Face. So Blurry. looks like a dvd/vcd pusher. haha :haha: just kidding

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Papercut: When you're back in Singapore, let me know cause I might come looking for you when I come over. :)

Siddiq: WAHAHAHAHA!

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woah.. That's harsh. :shock:

But I think some Singaporean companies are obsessed with everything Western. So, if you come in as an expatriate, you will earn a lot more than the locals. :mrgreen:

Sad, but true. Your citizenship is worth more than your abilities. :mrgreen:

Tell her, "Resistance is futile." :wicked:

1. Oh, how long have you been in Perth? Doesn't sound like you have stayed there long. :think:

2. Yeah, I heard from my friends that Australia can be extraordinarily boring, especially after 5pm. :think:

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Sure, I'm always there around December/January. We can meet up for a boozing session :beer:

Me thinks it's slightly more complicated than simply the citizenship status. There's also the fact that I'm shirking my "duty" to do National Service. I've heard that it immediately lowers your status in the eyes of many employers (and possibly some colleagues as well).

Bah, if only girl/relationship issues were so easy to solve. :roll:

1. Only since January 2003.

2. Nah the other capital cities like Melbourne and Sydney are fairly vibrant at night. It's just the quieter ones like Perth, Adelaide, etc. :roll:
    I actually had a friend from KL who came here to study with his brother. After 1 year he packed up and went back to Malaysia. He just couldn't take it anymore. :?

5. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

lol!! listen to the PRO!!! :wicked: :wicked: :haha:
    maybe she's playing hard to get with you, or maybe she's just plainly not interested.....that's too bad....but easier to move on compared to break-ups... :) so just relax and ur time will eventually arrive... :whistle:

so how's de food at ur place?? any recommendations if we ever visit australia? :mrgreen:

1 person likes this.
  6. Adrian Wong

That's only if they know you are a Singaporean. If you can keep up the Aussie accent and let them assume you are a true blue Aussie, you may get away with all the perks of an expatriate. :wicked:

Hehe.. Don't give up. Keep it up. :thumb:

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I know, that's what I'm thinking too.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Erm.........you really can't beat Malaysia/Singapore for food. There isn't much to say about Australian food. :shifty: It's actually quite a fast food culture here because oddly enough, that's the cheapest way to eat out :p

I would NEVER stoop down to that level :snooty:

1 person likes this.
  8. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

whoa!!! good to hear that from you!! :thumb:

9. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

1. You Like what kind of music? genre?
    2. to u wht love is? :)

10. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

OMG! :shock:

What a coincidence!

I came to Perth on the same month & year! :thumb:

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

1. Answered already...I listen to bands that range from soft rock to alternative to punk to thrash metal. As long as there's a guitar in it, I'll give it a listen :mrgreen:

2. Love has so many forms...can't just lump all of it together into one category. But I think it's simply caring for someone, just on different levels for different people.

12. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

interesting......... :think: :think: :think:

13. Adrian Wong

Okay, enough about Singapore... What do you LIKE in Australia? :mrgreen:

Do you travel out of Perth? Or have you only been staying in Perth?

14. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I remembered something else that I would like to see on ARP...

The return of Maximus_Detritus! :haha:

That's a very hard question for me to answer. Interpret that however you will. :p
    Erm.............................................................
    Oh! The education system is pretty slack :p That's one good thing. I'll let you know when I have thought of something else :haha:

I've been to other parts of Australia on holiday...but mostly when I was too young to remember and/or form an opinion. Haven't been to Melbourne yet though... :think:

As for Western Australia itself, I took a drive down to the Southern regions with my parents during the last Uni break. As I said, I'm a city boy, so IMO it was a bloody waste of time to drive for hours on end with nothing much to see at the destination. But hey, it's not like there's a whole lot of more interesting things to do in the actual Perth area :whistle:

15. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hey you guys are letting me off pretty easily eh :lol:

16. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! Only because I'm stuck with a lousy dial-up connection. :wall:

Would you be able to survive without broadband??? :wall: What are you using anyway?

17. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I only got broadband in October last year :shifty:
    256/64 kbps, 12GB download limit per month which I have not even come close to exceeding.

So yes, I probably could survive if I really had to go back to dialup :p

18. Adrian Wong

Dang... You have no idea how much I'm suffering on dial-up! :doh:

How much does your broadband connection cost you?

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hm.....A$50 a month, I think :think: Telecomms services are generally quite expensive here.

20. Adrian Wong

Wow.. That's not cheap. :think:

BTW, any pictures of your house, family, etc? Or pictures of Perth in general? :mrgreen: