Discuss about Proton here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Mar 4, 2004.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

er, i posted this on the Proton Discussion thread...........shouldn't we be doing it there?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Err.. I don't think so. We don't need Dr. M. Proton NEEDS Dr. M because he's the only one who is still capable of protecting them. :roll:

Dr. M is certainly opinionated. He has his opinions but I don't agree with some of them. :snooty:

And one is definitely Proton and its management. :hand:

If only a few people say that Proton cars suck, it may be considered as bias. But if MANY people complain about the same thing, you know something's definitely wrong. :hand:

Proton should not be counting on its national car status to force people to buy its cars. Its national car status should force IT to produce quality cars that can make the people proud! :mad:

3. Adrian Wong

Yeah, your design looks so much better! :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

Actually, those cars already have proper APs. Just that Dr. M claims that they were under-declared.

But even so, how can you simply slap an additional charge merely based on claims??? Especially when it comes from a PRIVATE CITIZEN like Dr. M??? Yes, ex-PM or not, he's a private citizen now. :hand:

5. Adrian Wong

Penetrated?? ROTFL!! You know what that should be called? PROPAGANDA!!! :haha:

Pure and simple - BULLSHIT. :haha:

Even if they succeed overseas, how come the quality of their local cars are so much poorer than export models? How can a national carmaker do that to us, the citizens?? :doh:

6. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

from the statement, Dr M is protecting proton...
    wat the... :doh: it is so obious that every one is saying bad about proton, they cant do any protect anymore.... i hope the new CEO will bring a huge changing to proton and i hope it is a better change.... :boohoo:

7. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

agree...how come the export model have better quality proton than us, even the chasis is stronger! why?! malaysian cant pay for it or the life of malaysian is not worth to have all this feature?! National Car u call this?! :wall:

8. Adrian Wong

The first step is always to admit one's mistakes.

9. Adrian Wong

And just like what they accused other companies of doing, they export and sell Proton cars overseas at much lower prices than over here in Malaysia. :doh:

IMHO, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. :snooty:

Imagine our own national carmaker screwing us so that they can "penetrate" into foreign markets while maintaining a large profit margin. :doh:

10. goldfries

shall we just merge the thread?

i mean, no point we have 2 threads when it's all gonna point to Proton right? :D

Proton gotta wake up. it's a new millenium. they don't even have to go for head-on competition like NV/ATI and AMD/INTEL yet.

11. goldfries

tell you, i went for CommunicAsia2005 the other day.

spent 4 days there. i had to hunt for Proton cars and i found only less than 5. mind you, i was looking all over the place to see how Proton fared in Singapore. :D

with the amount of $$$ you pay to get the COE, i doubt you'd wanna spend on something that wastes your time to visit SC. might as well take MRT.

12. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

if singaporean buy proton.....then they might be did a huge mistake in their life...or they have too much to spend and wanna try out proton car.... :boohoo:

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

A little of topic,,, :shifty:

What would you rather have?

A new V-8 Ford mustang.

Or the best Honda Accord?

14. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

Honda Accord....coz we cant afford the road tax for the V8 Mustang... :wall: :wall:

15. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

a 6L car road tax will be around RM16k~ :wall: ~USD 4.2k :wall:

thats alot..

a 2L car road tax will cost close to RM400 .. ~USD100 ...

a diesel powered vehicle is even worse :wall:

but i think there is a lower rate for green engine :think:

16. Trinity

Road tax? :roll:

You mean you have to pay a yearly tax on the size of the motor in you car??? :shock:

17. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

else every one will driving a big monster! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

so far i heard the monster that need to pay a lot in here is the Supra...they pay a lot for that! :wall:

18. Adrian Wong

Yup! Every year, we have to pay a road tax... :wall:

And RM 16K as quoted by zy is about 4 months of salary for a junior doctor. :shifty:

19. Trinity

WHaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAT!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's so un ******* Fair!!!! :shock: :shock: :mad: :boohoo:

I can't believe that...! :shock:

If that's the case,,, I think it would be more fair to tax by the KM/mile... :wall: :wall: :wall:

20. Trinity

And, The price of gas to boot!!! :wall: