Finally! A holiday!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 27, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Boss is gonna have to carry back a lot of shopping stuff... :haha: :thumb:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Just imagine that! :think: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

OK! Got the street name. It's Wen Chang Road.

Some tips :

a)Please speak Cantonese.
    b)This is supposedly the busiest street. :thumb:
    c)Any restaurant along this street is good
    d)If you want to try 'Buddha jump over the fence' :drool: , ask any locals and they could recommend...but with 1 day notice. :|
    e)During the night, head for the Pearl River Cruise.

Hope the attachment could help (trust that you could read chinese). :beer: ...and enjoy! :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL! I think it's called Beijing Lu (Beijing Road).

Yeah, was there for a while. Ate some of their stuff - very nice! Took some pictures too. :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

Alamak.. Went to the wrong one then. I thought Beijing Lu was the best place to go. :wall:

Oh well, now in HK. :mrgreen:

6. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

wow . in hk. hows there? :thumb:

7. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

In HK must eat dim sum, best one i tried at this chinese restarant lower ground floor at Festival Walk shopping mall or not to particular, any one of the Maxim would do ! Try some of the wan tang noddle or beef ball noddle also quite nice. Of course all sort of food are available whether france, italian or korean ! Adrian must be broke by now , hehe

8. Adrian Wong

Not bad actually. Kinda like Singapore but a lot more expensive. :mrgreen:

Travelling is easier.. and well, the people are more polite over here. Of course, the air quality is a LOT better too! :thumb:

But I haven't been around to visit places yet. Just City Plaza at Tai Koo Shing.

9. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Hope to try their dim sum.. but the prices are really scary, man...

I just had a "cheap" meal of beef rice that cost the two of us RM 25 (USD 6.58)!! :shock:

Just two bowls of rice with slices of beef, one miso soup and one small cup of Coke. :wall:

10. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

Ya , a dim sum for 2-3 persons will cost u about HK300 +

11. Adrian Wong

Things are very expensive here. :cry:

Oh well, I'm going to Ocean Park tomorrow morning.. and to Tsim Sha Tsui at night to try to take a shot of Hong Kong island at night. :thumb:

12. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

I guess Beijing Lu is also one of the happening streets around. :thumb: The food, its :drool: :drool: :drool: !

13. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

That's a nice place...with long cable car ride. :mrgreen:

Wonder whether the place is that well maintained now that HK Disney is scheduled for opening in 2006. :think:

Dunno the % of completion of HK Disney now. :eh:

14. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

Try the Star ferry to cross the harbour. Cheap n u will remember it for the rest of yr life ! Best before sunset n again at night .

15. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

To be open 2005 !

16. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

2005 1st phase, 2006 2nd and final phase?

17. Adrian Wong

Yup! That was a REALLY long cable car ride! :shock:

I thought the Headlands area was just at the top of the hill... but no, it was on the OTHER side of the hill. :shock:

Well, it was still pretty crowded and still pretty well-run, even on a Monday.

The Ocean Theatre show was FANTASTIC! So much better than Shenzhen's Sea World's show. :thumb:

But it was really short at about 20 mins. :wall:

I think HK Disney is "estimated" to be open by November 2005. That's what I heard my uncle say...

18. Adrian Wong

Star Ferry? To where?

I will be taking a hydrofoil or jetfoil to Macau this Wednesday. Or should I take a catamaran? No idea which is better... :think:

19. Adrian Wong

There are so many phases?? :shock:

I'm thinking of going to Sham Shui Po tomorrow.. Maybe Mongkok too to check out the new shopping mall with the super-long escalators.. :think:

And later, will go to Victoria Peak. Hope to get some good pictures, night shots if possible.

20. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

Between Kwoloon and Hongkong side. Departing from the terminal just opp Penisular hotel, u van't miss it. near the science museum !
    Macau hydrofoil better , fast and not so bumpy !