IPODs Do you think they're overrated?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ToyotaFreak, Oct 1, 2005.

?

Do you think Apple's IPOD is overrated?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

same here :whistle:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

To me, IPOD is more of a fashion statement than a useful gadget. People are buying one because it seems that everyone has one! :haha:

I bought K750 instead, a bit more expensive, but a bit more useful too. :D

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i prefer to own something which not many people have :whistle:

i prefer to design my own car too .. but .. hahaha ..

4. plasma

plasma Newbie

IMHO, most of the iPods are over-rated, except the Nano... :D I didn't like the previous iPods, but the Nano's definitely got my eye. It has several setbacks, like not being able to drag-and-drop ur songs over in windows explorer, or your photos for that matter. You'll need iTunes to do it, and you cant copy songs from ur iPod to the PC, except with some 3rd party software, of which i have not been able to get a good performance from.

But other than that, it really has a good user interface and feel. I've closely compared the Nano and the Zen Neeon, and I personally still go for the Nano.

5. KENcer

KENcer Newbie

had a choice of Sony NW-HD5 or ipods...chose sony in the end after reading what alotta people had to say bout ipod being really poor in the SQ department and how sony happens to be one of the best so on and so forth...COULD have gone for Samsung..but i just dont trust Korean brands...they have a habit of going haywire after a year....or so that was my exp..

to be fair sony isnt THAT PERFECT...alotta DRM rights and sonicstage is quite crap..but ATRAC audio is quite good and plays gapless! something ipods cant do..and while 5 band EQ doesnt work for mp3s...you can only play with bass/treble for that..at least i HAVE control over something..unlike ipods....

tried out my friends ipod the other day..am glad i didnt get it...phew....ipods may be able to play vid/view pics and so on..but then again. it means the backlight is always on..and that means battery drain which equals less music play time..not good..i bought an mp3 player for playing music..if i wanted to view pics i have my hp to do just that....anyways..the nw5 has better playback time..i get around 24+ hours..ipods i heard around 15

6. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

it's overrated, overpriced but oh so beautiful.. my cousin had one which i played around with.. and it happened. the Nano has grabbed me by the balls..

must...get...one...this...saturday. :oops:

7. b104

b104 Newbie

I agree with original thread ! Good quality, but a bit of a gimmick. I-Rivers' quality & updates are a good bet!

8. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

iPods are VERY overrated. Granted, they are pretty good mp3 players, and they're very slick and well designed.... but there are many other great options for mp3 players. Don't be fooled that you NEED an iPod just because everyone else has one!

(side note: I HATE that any iPod REQUIRES/FORCES you to install iTunes in order to use said iPod)

9. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

agreed...but u can use other softwares like foobar2000 :)

10. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

totally agree with you, fashion statement for a hefty price :nuts:
    "encourage beside.. imho, it also encourage mp3 swapping :snooty:
    oh well

11. =CDU=Above

=CDU=Above Newbie

To be honest with ya, I don't even know what they do. I know they hold music but that's it. I'm guessing that they also have a planner or something. I think you're right with the fashion statement thing.

12. Arctic

Arctic Newbie

Gotta definitely say yes: IPODs are EXTREMELY OVERRATED. Buying a regular MP3 player = just as good. :)

13. liewss80

liewss80 Newbie

For me, I seriously think Ipod is very unnecessary. Just get a hi-end mobile/smart phone, you could do everythg an Ipod could. Save ur troubles of getting so many gadgets while travelling around. And save money too. :)

14. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

A phone can't match the capacity of a hard drive-based mp3 player though, but of course there are so many alternatives other than an ipod. Personally I would never buy an ipod :lol:

15. Chai

I think there are too many cons, even the large capacity is hard to overshadow the cons of an ipod. A flash based media is more suitable for carry around.

16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Agreed but moderate/high-capacity flash mp3 players are rare...I don't keep up with the market much, but last time I checked it was only the ipod nano :roll:

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

sony-eric. has a 4gb mp3 phone now :lol: :lol:
    power phone sial!

18. Chai

I can always buy memory media. :D

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah that's true :think:

20. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

That's why one of my criteria for the next mobile phone purchase... external memory media support. :thumb: