mini small budget upgrade

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Ever since those leaking Taiwanese cap days, I've not heard of motherboard failure due to leaking caps for a long time.

I don't trust ASRock motherboards.

2. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yes it does, one special usb port is what we need to make us play better :mrgreen:

who come up with those marketing for asrock its hilarious..5X better 10X better haha

worth a shot as the price not too bad but better dig deeper read alot reviews and user feedback before buying

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i like this gigabyte Z97X-gaming 7

nearly RM200 cheaper than ranger and got everything i need..at the back comes with 4 usb2 4 usb3..good :thumb:

4. Chai

What features do you actually want?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

honestly im bullshitting myself, all i want is decent price..overclock a few hundred mhz..plenty usb port behind..6 sata port and good spacing to put a big cooler on it..thats it

6. Chai

Any budget z97 should be good enough for you then. Lol

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  8. Chai

Wow, that's not a good news indeed. Let's see what kind of paper launch is this next month. never expected Intel to paper launch especially when they are dominating the market.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, Intel's definitely "slacking" intentionally. There's no real competition, so why should they not drag things out a bit?

Sales will be affected but I think it's not going to change much even if they release Broadwell earlier. There's not much impetus to upgrade just because there's a newer and faster CPU because the performance of the CPU has ceased to matter all that much.

10. Chai

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

those on Z87 with 4670K or 4770K is fine until broadwell, i hope amd can come up with something to challenge intel but looks like amd has fallen way behind

maybe these new cpu will be out soon not september, for now just wait readying the money haha

12. Chai

If you have any system built with Sandy bridge or newer, there's little incentive to upgrade, unless you are building a power efficient system. I find that even a low end Haswell Pentium is pretty fast.

13. Adrian Wong

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, there's little incentive to go "faster" these days.

15. Chai

Depends on what you are using it for. For general internet surfing, MS Office, yes I would agree.

Devils Canyon is Haswell, but it is the overclock friendly version with unlocked multiplier and better thermal interface.

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

here is a list of the board prices i get so far, some affordable some in my budget but choosing one is big headache

Asus
    MAXIMUS VII HERO RM850
    MAXIMUS VII RANGER RM739
    SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 RM1080
    Z97 DELUXE RM1189
    Z97-A RM665
    H97M-E RM415

Gigabyte
    Z97X-Gaming 7 RM629, promo RM595
    Z97X-UD5H-BK RM829, Promo RM780
    Z97X-UD3H-BK RM669, Promo RM645

MSI
    MSI Z97 MPOWER RM899, promo RM839
    MSI Z97-Gaming 7 RM669, Promo RM629

AsRock
    ASRock Z97 Extreme6 RM679, Promo RM639
    ASRock Z97 Extreme4 RM579, Promo RM549
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer RM599, Promo RM569

17. Chai

I personally think that Asus is only offering 1 significant advantage, which is PWM/DC fan controls. It is by far the best fan control implementation.

If you are looking for other features, I think they are quite evenly matched. Just get the cheapest IMO, but I wouldn't want to go for MSI or AsRock if possible.

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

feature wise all of the roughly the same, even the name is also similar gigabyte gaming 7 msi too gaming 7 LOL..who copy who i wonder

Ranger my 1st choice, then gigabyte UD3H and gaming 7 for now

gigabyte UD3H is $189.99 MSI Z97 Mpower is $199.99 at newegg but we here UD3H is RM669 and msi RM899..ridiculous pricing

19. Chai

Can you tell me where did you get that price from? :mrgreen:

20. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

1 person likes this.