mini small budget upgrade

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Apr 24, 2014.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

RM1080 or thereabout for 4790K

4690K no idea about pricing and availability

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I saw rm760 at low yat forum. But didn't ask about the availability.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  3. morrisnathan

morrisnathan Newbie

I read your topic.It is much better to me.I think it would benefit many
    people.I have a small web site name "LED Light Panel,LED Downlight,Flood Light
    LED-DEL ILLUMINATION CO.LTD".If you like it or If you needed please visit my site at once.

szledlight.com

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

not bad RM760

very limited units for 4790K, first batch all sold out

worth spending like RM300 more for 4790K?

5. Chai

If you are building a gaming pc, nope. I'm not sure how well 4690k overclocks, if it is not that great, why not consider the older xeon 1230v3 which is a 4770 but at lower clock speed, same price as a 4690k.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

overclocking my main factor now, thats why i wana buy the "K" cpu and yea not many talk about 4690K at all :shifty:

now my plan is 4690K, gigabyte gaming 7, seasonic G650 and noctua NH-U12S or U14S..this few item alone blow a hole in my pocket haha

7. Chai

If you don't mind burning your pocket, 4790k is definitely the choice. Definitely no binning since that's the highest end Haswell. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

haha yea, we only live once life is short..buy it :haha:

limited availability no idea how many units coming not sure if its coming next week or not..just the kinda things some seller told me..just chill and wait the madness to die down

9. Chai

Not that great in terms of overclocking, which is why you should try something different and be adventurous, like getting the 4690k or even the Pentium anniversary edition. Like you said, we only live once. Haha

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

4690K looks like oc very much the same hahaha

i cave in, ordered 4790K and giga gaming 7..should be arriving this weekend hopefully

we only live once right :haha:

recycling old cooler, from google 1156 cooler will fit 1150..if not buy again :mrgreen:

11. Chai

Yup all coolers for socket 1156, 1150 and 1155 will work. Same for water block.

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

maybe should have bought G3258, cheap can oc to 4 point something something

but i never ever bought anything expensive in pc everytime i upgrade its low end value stuff..anyhow this time must have a taste of more expensive hardwares..we only live once right(this excuse again :haha: )

13. Chai

Personally, I don't think this is the best generation to get the highest end processor, not haswell. That's my opinion. Lol

What are you using now?

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

using amd phenom II x2 550BE unlocked to quad and oced to 3.4

broadwell or skylake whatever name it is i think thats where we see something new or more exciting but thats next year..from where im upgrading from its massive..its huge jump :mrgreen:

15. Chai

I think you should get the G3258, overclock for the heck of it, not the greatest performer, but it will still be faster and cooler than your Phenom for sure.

I'm using G3220, and it's pretty good for a dual core. Wait for Broadwell and upgrade later. :mrgreen:

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

after one month bored with 4790k can buy G3258 and play with it :mrgreen:

read that someone with xigmatek dark knight cooler cannot get it to work on Z97 motherboard, hopefully mine xigmatek balder which have the kinda same mounting mechanism can fit :?

17. Chai

I don't think that's true. The mounting for all those sockets are identical. I can mount the same waterblock previously on Socket 1156 to 1150 now.

The only reason left is clearance issue, but that should not apply to all mobo.

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

its here!!! :thumb:

[​IMG]

will find time try out cooler and get everything in place

19. Chai

SUPER LICH!!!

20. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Very nice!!!:cool:

More pictures please!:mrgreen: