Nero and Temporary files

Discussion in 'General Software' started by enjoythesilence, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Hi,

I am trying to use Nero to burn video files onto a DVD but I keep getting some message about there not being enough space in a "temp" folder, somewhere? I have tried doing a search for temp folder on the computer but can never seem to find the one mentioned in the error message - any suggestions or ideas or advice would be most welcome.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Normally the temp folder is located on C drive. Do you have sufficient space on C drive?

3. ye but how do I find it on the c drive??

4. Chai

You need to clear up your C drive! It must have 4GB or more! It needs to cache the entire DVD into your HDD.

5. Thanks for the tip - but does it get rid of the cached temporary files itself afterwards? Is that why I can't find them?

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

There are settings for the location on your temp folder I think c: root is usually default as Chai mentioned. There are also settings for the temp space as well including auto delete image after burn I do believe. I don't use Nero all that much but have Nero 8 here .. which sub program are you using in Nero ?

(Nero Vison etc)

7. Chai

Yup, cache will be deleted after burning.

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

the temp drive is usually in
    c:\documents and settings\<user>\local settings\temp for user specific temp files
    and
    c:\windows\temp for system related temp files

The easier way to clear out the temp files is to use the Disk Cleanup Wizard. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup. Pick a drive, click OK, and wait for the quick analysis. Click OK again, and you’ll empty the Recycle Bin, clear out Internet Explorer’s cache, and empty all files from the Temp folder that are more than a week old.

Another way is to use a cleaning utility like CCleaner