Projector image scrolling / not showing

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by califauna, Jun 12, 2010.

1. califauna

califauna Newbie

Hi,

Recently the image I get when I plug my laptop into a projector has been scrolling, or not showing at all. i also get the message 'not supported' on some projectors, or 'out of range' and then some frequencies.

I have tried changing resolutions, refresh rate, repair installing XP, reinstalling video drivers, updating the video drivers. I have also tried with different projectors.

Because I get the same problem in Linux when I switch to linux. Is it possible a virus did this? Could it be a firmware problem, or is my video card shot?

The O/S is: XP professional SP3 / Linux Ubuntu 9.04
    The grahics card is and integrated GMA 4500MHD (X4500)

Adapter Properties:
    Device Description Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    BIOS String Intel Video BIOS
    Chip Type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    DAC Type Internal
    Installed Drivers igxprd32 (6.14.10.4957)
    Memory Size 256 MB

Thanks very much for any help.

Dale.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Most likely its the projector resolution or refresh rate.

I never used Intel-based graphics card on the projectors before, but you need to get the high resolution or it won't work.

I have Nvidia Graphics Card and it automatically changes the resolution for me.

What do you mean by scrolling, did you mean like dual monitor setup where the mouse can go to the next monitor or did you mean some kind of scalling like a zoomed-in image?

Anyway, most projectors should be able to run 800x600 resolution. Try that resolution.

3. califauna

califauna Newbie

I mean its scrolling down the screen like an autocue.

I tried a bunch of resolutions, including 800x600, different refresh rates including 60 hz. Also tried cycling through the display modes with the function button as before, which used to work before. NOw it still adjusts the resolution as before, but no image displays, or its scrolling.