[Router] Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by eXPeri3nc3, Jun 6, 2008.

1. eXPeri3nc3

eXPeri3nc3 Newbie

Hi all, I own a router aztech wl830rt4 and I find that it cannot dial up to the internet today, or at least it is facing difficulty in dialing up to the internet.

I called TM to lodge a report, (as I don't know it's actually my router's fault), and they say there's a problem with their server as they "send" a signal to my modem today (the guy said that himself) and he lodged a report for me.

I don't think they will be able to fix it so soon...

But the thing is, I can directly connect to the internet with my modem, but not via my router, it just won't show connected and get an IP address. = =

So, is it possible that my router screwed up in a sense that it cannot dial to the internet only?:wall: :wall:

Thoughts anyone? Thank you very much.

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Did you try resetting the router? happen to me yesterday after a power outage..lucky it was the router ...for some reason password was being restored to factory default. But that was for my Linksys wireless router...try and reset to see if it works or not o_o/

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Try hard-resetting the router.

4. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

Sometime Call TM is wasted time. :mad:

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well,sometimes calling Tm does solve some problem..

6. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

I suggest first you reset your modem in soft way.logging in the manager web and select restart or reset.
    If it's do no effect.Hard reset.If this way is also no effect.You can update you router fireware.All above cannot solve the problem.You need to connect to the router's supporter.

7. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Remember when you reset your router unplug all your networks plug of it... and the only one should be plugged it's the wan one... wait for 1 min (the router configure itself) and after plug 1 after one the networks plugs