The Mobile GPU Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, May 2, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I got them off the datasheet here - http://www.ati.com/products/pdf/MobilityFireGLDatasheet.pdf

The thing about clock speed is that ATI and NVIDIA will officially support a certain core or memory clock speed but the actual clock rates are up to the notebook manufacturers.

For example, my Mobility Radeon 9700 officially supports a memory clock of 260MHz, but in my notebook, they only used a memory clock of 216MHz.

Aihhh.. You are right about that. Looks like I misplaced the V3100 and V3200. Will edit that ASAP. Thanks for letting me know! :thumb:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many mobile GPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering more than 60 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 5.0!

3. bsoft

bsoft Newbie

The GeForce Go 6400 entry is wrong, as is the GeForce Go 6200 entry.

The GeForce Go 6400 is as follows:
    4x1 Pipe
    400MHz Core
    350MHz (700MHz Effective) Memory (64-bit)
    5.6GBps Memory Bandwidth
    1.6 billion pixels/sec fillrate
    300 million verticies/sec

Source: http://www.nvidia.com/page/go_6400.html

I own a notebook with the Go 6400 and I can confirm that it's a 4x1 chip at 400/700. It's essntially the same as the Go 6200 but clocked higher. The GPU part name is still NV44M.

In addition, the Go 6200 has a 64-bit memory interface, not a 128-bit memory interface.

4. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

5. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

7. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys. Will be updating it ASAP.

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many mobile GPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering more than 60 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 5.1!

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

10. Adrian Wong

11. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

not too sure, it doesn't seem to "officially exist", but certainly its not a typo error of 6800Ultra.

12. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

13. Adrian Wong

The thing is the word "Ultra" can sometimes be tacked on by board manufacturers, or in this case, the notebook manufacturer or seller. It may not be a "real" Ultra.

14. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

are you trying to say that the go6600Ultra is an o/c-ed go6600?

15. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

16. Adrian Wong

It's possible.

Then again, all this naming is just marketing. Take for example, the 7900 GTX and the 7900 GT.

Both are the same GPU. It's just that the 7900 GT is rated at a lower clock speed. The GT costs the same as a GTX and can potentially reach GTX speed. But it's sold as the GT.

17. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Googled and found other sites mentioning the 6600 Ultra. So, I guess it exists.

Odd why NVIDIA never mentions it on their website. :think:

18. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

are you saying GT & GTX is the result of speed binning?

19. Adrian Wong

It is. For the 7900 GTX and the 7900 GT at least. :D

20. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

Ic... I only knows that XFX pays a premium to get the cream-of-the-crop from nvidia to make their own factory overclocked XXX Edition where other mfg's 7900GTX simply cant touch that speed...

ok, a bit outta topic.. *oops*