Whats the best 17inch LCD for gaming...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by eg660, Feb 9, 2005.

1. the 1905fp is good for desktop use, amazing brightness and sharp crisp fonts at it's native resolution 1280 x 1024. Absolute BEST 19" LCD I have EVER used for windows aplications.

Gaming it ranks pretty high also minimal, almost no ghosting, Awesome monitor for the price.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Almost no ghosting?

Have you seen this thread - http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?t=13990 ?

3. Specs don't mean anything when you put 4 monitors on your bench with supposed "25ms" responce time and run the same game demo on all 4.

The 1905fp was the best of 4 "25ms" by my eyes. Obviously a 16 or 12 ms is gonna beat the pants off it, that's why I said it was an awesome Desktop monitor, and said almost no ghosting for gaming.

4. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. How about the 1704AFP? Have you tried it out?

How does it compare against the 1905FP? Albeit, they are both different sizes... but I would like to know how they fare, as far as colour saturation and ghosting is concerned.

Thanks! :)

5. Is there such a monitor? I just looked up the availability of that monitor and the dell 1704AFP does not seem to exist...

6. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  7. Adrian Wong

Argghh.. Sorry.. It's 1704FPT. :mrgreen: Typo. :doh:

Hello eg660, that's what we are trying to determine here. Definitely you should get one with no ghosting. I think the 1704FPT might be a good choice... but let's see what the others say. :think:

8. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I could not find any 1704FPT on the dell website what kind of model is the 1704fpt?

9. eg660

eg660 Newbie

10. Adrian Wong

11. eg660

eg660 Newbie

so what do you guys think about the CTX monitor?

12. techtro

techtro Newbie

13. Terryb47

Terryb47 Newbie

I can't say which one is the best, but I got a Samsung Syncmaster 172X last year and at that time it was dominating the 17" market.
    It's a great panel and should be lot cheaper now too. (I paid like $600 it should cost $350 now I think)

for more info: http://www.samsung.com/au/products/monitors/tft/172x.asp

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

it cost around RM1350 here in malaysia..

tahts the price i bought my 152x last year :wall:

15. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

I hv been using the dell ultra sharp 1703FP which is the preceding model before the 1704FPT for the 1 year now, i must say this model is really sharp, i hv play Farcry, prince of persia, need 4 speed etc at high resolution at no problem at all, no ghosting whats so ever . play a bit of HL2 & Doom3 too, no problem. Guess the 1704FPT will be a good choice, PC world give it a good review recently !

16. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I cannot find the dell 1704FPT at the dell website is this monitor old or what....its kinda weird....I got a sharp LL-172C...I think I am gonna return it...the image is not that sharp....are all LCD monitors image not sharp?

17. I just ordered a 1704FPT with a system in the "dell Home section" I'll be getting it soon :thumb:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

and that samsung is actually a 6bit panel :haha:

19. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I think dell is not selling it seperate then...because I am trying to find it for weeks now....no luck...

20. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

I got the dell bulletin every month, in march issue 1704fp is quoting at RM999 ( 1us= 3.99 RM )