WOW !!!!

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by athlonxp, May 3, 2003.

1. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

2. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

[​IMG]

yummy :p

3. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

4. drab

drab Newbie

Its to get that nice brown glaze on the spare ribs :lol:

5. drab

drab Newbie

Hey,athlon.just looking at your system specs.Are you going for king of Underclocking :?: :shock:

6. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i donno what the URL talks about.

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

haha ya we dun understand the language also...
    I also have one duron chip that crack on the chip also :( Sad case la... thank goodness the chip only less than RM 200. If not i will die man

8. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    that piece of 1800+ just won't boot at 1533mhz coz default voltage became 1.1v, i also dunno why :shock:
    anyway, get it RMA two week ago :lol:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Hehe..never read the instructions, that's why :D

10. drab

drab Newbie

Hey athlon is taking the p p?.at least your system will last forever :lol:

11. hawkeye

hawkeye Newbie

:shock: :shock: :shock: phwarrr... total meltdown... :lol: :lol:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think that guy put the whole tube of Arctic Silver on it! :shock:

13. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Haha not tat much la... around half i think :lol:

14. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

i wonder why some of the cpu in the picture burn eventhough hs is attach propely ??

like this one :
    [​IMG]

and this one :
    [​IMG]

anyone know why ??[/url]

15. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

bad packaging... that's all to it. But AMD have improved over time.. it's now rarer to see these problems happening

16. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I think AMD should cover this chip with some cold stuff.. Coz it won't spoil easily..

17. Chai

Some sort of heat spreader like Intel P4? I seriously hate those. Although it protects the core, but the heat transfer is poorer, bad for overclocking. :D

18. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

How about they use the cover which good in tranfer heat and also cold up very fast> :lol:

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I still think direct contact with the core is better :D the more "layers" of cooling u have, the "air gap" between the layers is bigger.
    What do you feel when someone slides in a piece of alu/copper/silver or whatever la (but not peltier harrr :D) between your core and your heatsink?

Anyway, I still prefer to have a heat spreader. can protect my core :D
    I think ATI's core protection design for their r300/r350 chip is very nice :) the shim lets you have direct contact and protect the core :D

20. Chai

I don't think there's anything which is resistance free. Even the best heat conductor, silver I think, has a little resistance.

Actually the 4 feets on the Athlon acts like the core protector on ATI, but a lot less effective of course!

The heat spreader doesn't really help to cool down the processor, it will only spread the heat faster, but without a heatsink on it, it's useless.