WOW !!!!

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by athlonxp, May 3, 2003.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Oic that y they can MOD so many stuff la

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Not only because they are cheap, all the stuffs are easily available. Here, even a piece of copper is extremely hard to find.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yup.... there they have stores like radioshack and handymart which is just like our local hardware stores.. but there... they sell virtually anyhting a DYI powertool freak would like to have.

almost everyone in US have powertools... DIY there is very common. so, modding is like their 2nd nature... it's only whether thay want to do or not.

think la.. they can make their own car there... and it's really a common thing too!

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah. that's what i like........i'm sure most of us like DIY only, just that pricing and availability of parts and country rules and regulations are not in favor of us.

5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ya true in malaysia the pricing stop us move forward into it....

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

it isn't really the pricing... i'd like to be more philosphocal here...
    i think it have to do with our culture... asian are less daring to try new things and are less confident of our own skills...

we'd always say let other do... they do them right and we might not.... of 90% people thik this way, how can DIY grow???

and for the thing about price.. if there's demand.. price would drop.... so i dun think price is a factor.

so... for us modders and DIY freaks... as long as the general public stays the same way.. we are simply screwed and left with basic and el-cheopo powertools from china

7. goldfries

again. we're still limited by laws, tools and pricing.

i'm sure there's many people who wants to DIY.....

pricing = expensive. therefore people don't go into it, cos breaking parts costs money.

law = do a successful DIY car and i think the govt will come after you and blablablbalblaa

i donno, i could be wrong. but i find we're limited by far more factors then mentality. even if everyone mentality change, we're still limited.

8. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ya Peaz is correct too... But what i saw is more on the pricing in Malaysia.. They always import some stuff in Malaysia.. and Tax it 100%.. Example a car in malaysia from other country u can really see the different already... :(

For MOD car i believe other country also have law to block ppl to do so... So i dun think this is the point... Now we MOD our COM Polis won't caught gua :hand:

Just hope ppl in malaysia will pick on DIY skill and the govement will lower the TAX

:boohoo:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Actually there's no tax on computers... but we are still paying more than Singaporeans for our hardware...

10. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

So is the seller or.>>>>??? I think some of the MOD stuff they do have rite?>>>

11. Brian

Brian Newbie

true....my dad told me this......he's an accountant
    i think it's more expensive because there's not a lot of competition in malaysia compared to singapore.........SLS there got 3-4 floors packed with shops
    in low yat, we got 1 floor packed and another quite empty

12. goldfries

erm did you know that if i buy from the US and pay some $30 - 45 for shipment charges, it's still the same price as buying locally?

previously if i did the same i could save RM 100 - 200. :D

13. Brian

Brian Newbie

true, but the savings come when we buy in bulk :whistle:

14. drab

drab Newbie

True.but not many of us want 100 processors :lol:

15. Brian

Brian Newbie

why don't all of us buy at once from one shop and share the shipping cost?

16. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

the one problem of DIY is our parent, everytime i done something little bit extreme they sure said something.
    in malaysia also hard to find material like cooper, aluminium and pvc if want DIY a waterblock also diffucult

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

cuz most of the m'sian are "chicken".
    1)they afraid ppl will run away with their money.
    2)they afraid the product they buy isn't going to perform good enough
    3)they afraid the product they get DOD
    4)they expect the "leader" to pay FIRST! MY GOD...order which worth over 1-2k and they expect the leader to pay first. at least pay a deposit first lar...
    4)most of the time they just like to talk cock only.

when you ask them to pay that time, they will say "sorry lar but now i dowan adi because of this and that". go hardwarezone forum and see the way they do MO. want you say want, dowan you keep quiet and don't talk cock. most of their MO was done in less than 1 week time.
    now compare it to m'sian's style. ask that time they answer damn loudly. ask them to pay that time they will give you lotz of excuses. there was a dangerden MO (lowyat forum) 1 and a half month ago. first got 11ppl said want to join. asked them to pay deposit that time, only left the "leader" and me. seeeee....HAMPU larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :roll:
    I joined 3 HWZ MOs before. first was the vantec fan controller, then shin-etsu g751 thermal paste and lastly some delta fans MO.
    and I was the last one to pay (cuz TT from local bank to sg bank needs 1 week time mah)...1 week only you know.. here ar..that dd waterblock MO I was the first one to pay loh..I tot I was late when I paid after 5 days. aiyoyo...now after 6 week..no progress. 0%. I cancelled the order yesterday.
    100% HAMPU.

athlonxp: because your parent care about you. they dowan you to get hurt.
    but if you open up our case only and they still "say this say that"..then it's a little bit too much larr :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

18. goldfries

yep. i agree with Zue. i don't mind paying up deposit first unless the leader is willing to pay for all first.

i'm currently importing expensive live specimens from africa, my leader is a good example, based on trust he paid for all first. just hope he doesn't get conned. :)

anyway, malaysian attitude la
    1. trust no one
    2. must test 1st before buy
    3. my money la, you wait....
    4. last minute i might cancel cos of .........
    5. want cheap want good want many

ler ......... i find #1 is important.

19. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:
    no lar.. open case is nothing but when came to drilling and sawing, they say many many thing.
    i cut a hole to fit 80mm fan on top of my case using drill :D

malaysian attitude is,
    1.tidak berani <<<<tak berani mati ??? :think:
    2.if spoil then how??? <<<<if u ask them to do something like, OC
    3.my parent don't allow me to do......... <<<<stupid partent :lol:
    4.no money........... <<<<ask from ur parent !!! :mrgreen:
    5.no tools......... <<<< ok lah, a good excuse but atleast u can borrow, rite?? :snooty:
    6.dangerous oh if OC....... <<<<BS!!! :naughty:
    7.if spoil no warranty....... <<<if want to mod don't care about warranty lah... :sick:

20. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

ah... I love all of your attitude towards this man !! hahaha... Im well d@mn an enthusiastic modder.. but each time open.. woo hoo.. lectures comes for left right center baby... all crapz... comeon... opening up the window of the casing would spoild the whole d@mn system... wat about those techinician who opens up the casing ? they say... the know what are they doing... HELL ! I DO KNOW WHAT AM I DOING...

malaysian attitude towards modding are
    #1 takut rosak
    #2 takut kehilangan duit
    #3 takut injury
    #4 parents dont allow (stupid...)
    #5 OCing would just bomb the whole casing to your Fking D|CK(BS)
    #6 thinks modding is lame(I have some friends who think that way)