A very frightened Malaysian aboard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I got this in my mailbox a couple of days ago.

Feel free to discuss... but please, NO RACIST REMARKS!! :naughty:

2. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

"Dear Mr.Ooi ..."

This letter is for Mr.Jeff Ooi and it is published with permission by the sender in Mr.Ooi website screenshots.

nothing changed no matter how many times these incidents were published in the newspaper and ... some of it were already accepted as it is an inevitable thing by some people .. of course we should not react in this way.. I was wondering does developed countries have any of this issues?

3. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Ok guys....shoot! :cool:

4. yhng

yhng Newbie

Oh so true! THOSE are some of the reasons why I am abroad and I can fully understand how the writer feels. Although I do feel that some are 'priviledged' due to their race, I think it's about time that they learn to be less dependant on these. No doubt we cannot question these priviledges since it was a condition when Malaysia was formed, but I honestly feel that these priviledges are holding many Malaysians back. How many scholarships or universities places are reserved for some when many others with better potentials are rejected due to the lack of places? I say enough is enough. Unfair is one matter, but it's time that every Malaysian achieves their potentials not due to the colour of their skin or priviledges but by their effort they put in.

5. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

A sensitive issue to a lot of people I presume. But not necessarily be if you view the people of this country as one.

Ironically, this is the situation after so much (or any?) has been done to identify everyone of us as 'Malaysians'. I do agree that our education system got something to do with it, in particular the syllabus. It's sad to see so much of brain drain from the country.

The biggest culprit might be the various political parties clamouring for popularity by inciting members on the perceived differences among the various races. They failed to see or refused to (intentionally?) acknowledged the people as one 'Malaysian'. It's inter-dependant and everyone plays an equal role in developing the country.

Maybe it's wishful thinking that these might change in the short term...*sigh*

6. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i wonder what will happen if we forward that email to the government's website....nothing?

7. Adrian Wong

Don't worry. The government is very aware of what's posted on Jeff's website. ;)

I think to avoid racism, one must first stop defining races. There's certainly a growing obsession with race over ability. I really don't know why. :think:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hey.. there might just be. They might arrest you under ISA, etc. So, don't try. :lol:

Can send them the link and we all can be arrested. :thumb:

9. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:) No comment. Thats the ssytem politician agree with. But really there are dozens of my friend scored 9A1 ang above. malay. :think:

10. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

sigh....i think it's these kind of situations that forced the gap between the races.....we had so much fun in the forums coz there's nothing like these that stopped us from bonding with each other.....

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wao, we enjoy various cultures, the food and the stuff. Wao. We absolutely want M'sia to be prosperous and peaceful. Heh heh... :wave: :D :thumb: [Oohh... such a topic.... quite controversial...]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  12. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

good example. proof we live in harmony. :beer:

13. Adrian Wong

Exactly... That's why I don't understand why the country cannot be like us. :beer:

No matter what race we are, we are all Malaysians. I don't think our Indian citizens still consider India their homeland... And neither do the Chinese still consider China as their homeland.

We are all Malaysians, so why the special rules and all that rhetoric? :roll:

I think the only colour allowed should be green -> for GO! :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  14. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

China , you homeland.......Never. Just wait until one day you go to china, those china man are just like vulture ! They conned you left , right and centre ! Everything you see are all imitation goods !

15. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

China is not my homeland, my homeland is Malaysia, i born here and i grow here! :roll:

i kinda sad that why cant we live harmony with each other in here? Now already is 21st century but the mind still like in 20 Century :boohoo:

I dun think Malaysia is a new country, we have been here for so long time already but the racist problem still here. why is this happen? is it diff race of ppl cant be stay togather? :nuts:

i dun we, citizen in Malaysia that causing this problem to continue happen. The one that causing this problem is our GOV! The shud do sometime do bring up this country to be a really harmony place to live!

Our study system is getting worst! Our Sport is getting worst! Our transpotation is getting worst! everything is wrong, i can say! HELP! we need to improve! :wall: :wall:

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

this is something i wouldnt wanna talk bout .. worried it might cause problems :p

i just wish malaysia is much more fair to the other races as well ..
    i'm sick of their thinkings :wall:

17. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

another example, we cant voice out the problem! Once we do, we will facing a BIG trouble! how they gonna improve if cant accept our opinion and the bad thing we say? :wall:

1 person likes this.
  18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

if you guys ask me if i love MALAYSIA ..

i have to think twice..

i love the country but not the government .. ..
    if you say i;m not patriotic .. i would say its the government who made me not patriotic ..

19. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

sigh.....i hope the government are not watching like some vultures over our forum as to Jeff Ooi's blog.....btw the comments by their readers are really a must-read!!!

i think the problem lies with our government...after all...they made the rules.....what's with those people sitting in there anyway??? why are we keep on having shallow-minded people representing us???? :wall: :wall: :wall:

btw mr s.sothinathan i think you did the right thing........bcoz of your actions some high ranking ministers finally shown their true colours....:shifty:

20. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

agree with u.... :boohoo: