Alienware gone loony?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fyire, Oct 30, 2006.

1. fyire

fyire Newbie

Link here: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7113

Remember when Hexus posted a less than glowing review of Alienware's workstation a few months back? A super expensive one where even a Mac Pro with double the number of CPUs and RAM is cheaper than the Alienware machine that has a chassis that looks like it came out of some reject shop?

Well, looks like Alienware is extremely unhappy with Hexus over that review, and had put in writing to them that they will not send anymore hardware to Hexus for reviews.

Even better yet, had claimed that it is a standard industry practice for everybody to only send their stuff to places that gives good reviews to their products.

1 person likes this.
  2. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

they cant blame Hexus also.. they are the one to choose reviewers who give good reviews..they'll never know wat the chosen reviewer would do unless there is contract between them that stating "reviewers should always give good reviews on our products".. other than that, reviewers are free to give comments on it..LMAO!!!
    IMO hexus was really brave to give this sort of review.. i think they would have known the consequences firstly..
    BTW..Alienware have always been known as the most expensive pc manufacturer.. hope that they treat this as a feedback and lower all their product price tags...:haha: :haha: :haha:

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yup I think if they wanted to be guaranteed of favourable reviews then they should be avoiding enthusiast hardware sites and sending their PCs to crackjobs like <I better not mention the name of the site :lol: > or various PC magazines.

However, I can't say I totally blame Mat for the way he responded, it's clear that he's under a lot of pressure from the suits above.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nothing new... :mrgreen:

5. fyire

fyire Newbie

Thing is, despite the costs, there'll still be those who r willing to fork out the money for them, and without regrets too if the quality's worth it.

Despite the casing of that machine that got a bad review looking too plasticky for my liking, I'll still say that its about ok, but the moment I saw the pic of the case with the cover off, its just like 'yyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkssssssss' all the way. I mean, for that kinda price, at least put in the effort to put in better presentation of the thing right?

How the inside of the case look like may not matter to a lot of ppl, but however the target market for such machines tend to care very much about it

6. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

those would be the ones that crave for cutting-edge technology and things that no other people is having.. more like a kiasu ppl :haha: :haha: well.. they have the money and we cant say much
    they have to make it look "fast" so that ppl's first impresssion would be "wow..this thing's fast!!":haha: :haha:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

welcome to the media industry!

8. fyire

fyire Newbie

Well, I can understand that bit on first impressions. In fact, in marketing something, that's pretty important. Which is why I'm also rather surprised that they can do such a sloppy job out of the case design (on the inside) considering their target market.