Amazing Adventures at ARP ! (remix !)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by K B Ng, Jun 24, 2006.

1. K B Ng

K B Ng Newbie

So well.. the way things are going on in the office.. I've been thinking on more than one occasion that I should write all of this down. One day when we have that big office building and 50 people to massage our toes (not that we can't do that ourselves, mind, it's just that we'd never have time :)) we can look back on this and remember the old days :)

So hmm.. first entry.. I'm here at home.. it's 7.45 PM, and I'm working on that new chart you guys are going to see in a while. I'm an absolute klutz at web design, but then again someone's got to do it. So I plod along. I'm absolutely in awe of Adrian's amazing design powers.. I'm always like.. I want the text *here* so I moved the picture... and then the text jumped over *there* and now I feel like hitting a few good walls.. and he just grabs the mouse, moves it a bit and everything snaps into place like magic.

In fact, sometimes I even wonder why I'm here. Most of the contributors' English skills aren't bad. I actually asked him that once. He said something like "well.. we want to be the best. In everything. And that means we cannot even afford to make the smallest mistakes, because we have an international audience. That's why you're here."

So well, that settled it. So here I am. All the other staff haven't arrived yet, so I get to do everything (yay !) until they arrive. Which is why I'm working on a Friday night, plugging endless streams of numbers into little boxes and hoping that they stay there and not decide to run off somewhere and procreate. Which they must have done because I've got this extra table in the middle of the spreadsheet, and I can't remember putting it there. Oh well, numbers gotta have fun too I guess.

Well, I think I've goofed off enough for now. Going to have a quick dinner, and then it's back to plugging numbers. Here's hoping the numbers don't have too much fun while I'm gone.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. K B Ng

K B Ng Newbie

Mini-post : The phone company is being a pain

The SIM card we just got for the office line is still not activated yet, and it's been a week. Have to bug them on Monday.

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

New ARP office pictures please!!!:wave:

Welcome to ARP!!! K B

4. K B Ng

K B Ng Newbie

Right now we're just in a temporary office.. so there's nought much but two PCs and tables and stuff. It's basically just two tables and two PCs now, but yeah okay pix soon :)

5. K B Ng

K B Ng Newbie

Mon 6/26/2006

I've to re-work part of an article, so I'm sitting here watching it download at something like 5 kbps and wondering when it'll be done.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006