any PSP user here?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by sunsetbay, Jul 28, 2006.

1. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

intend to get a 2nd hand one. anything i shld take note? :wave: :wave:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahh.. You better ask PsY! :beer:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well the obvious... :p

Check for scratches on the screen.
    Any dead pixels or stuck pixels (somewhat common.)
    Make sure the buttons work properly
    Watch for any signs of being dropped.
    What firmware version (the older ones can be used for *cough* some games - but I don't run any so it's no big deal unless you want to.)
    Make sure the battery is original.
    Check the wifi and see if that works. :D

But a PSP is the BEST peripheral that I've ever owned. It plays games, its a great MP3 player too (love the sound.) Surfs the net.

Make sure you have a somewhat bigger MemoryStick Pro Duo though (I have a 1GB one.) I can also fit in movies onto it (must be encoded to MP4 though.)

In fact here's a link for a free software that converts avi or mpeg videos to MP4. :D PSP Video 9. It's great!

Have fun with it! Let me know if you have any questions. :D

4. Adrian Wong

TBH, I'm quite tempted to get one... :shifty: :shifty:

5. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

that's for the long ans!! :thumb: i read from other forum, seem like quite alot of users hv dead pixel or stuck pixel on their sets. is the LCD really that vulnerable? :silenced:

oso heard only v1.5 can play homebrew games and seem like v1.5 has a better value than the new version. i thot of getting new version since it's cheaper & dwngrade its OS myself. issit advisable. :wave:

6. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

should get it man! now the memory stick pro duo is getting cheaper, 2GB is selling ard S$124 at s'pore. :wave:

7. Adrian Wong

Err... Broke. :(

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Sure.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

9. Adrian Wong

Hey, it's a BIG HINT, man... Now, hand over your PSP!!! :twisted:

10. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

can i check wat is the cost of the PSP v1.5 value pack at JB or msia?? :wave: :wave:

11. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

ok, i bought an 2nd hand PSP v2.5. havent tried dwngrading the OS but wanna check, how to transfer video to PSP? i use USB cable to open PSP drive but there's no video's folder in it.

i use nero vision express to convert a short clip to mp4 (PSP) format to do the testing. help! :| :|

12. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

ok, i juz found out i need to create a new directory, MP_ROOT, at the PSP memory sticker pro duo. create another two sub-folders, 100MNV01 & 100ANV01. i tried putting the mp4 i created fm nero vision express on either two folders. it didn't work. then i try using Super to encode the clip to mp4 again. finally it work on the 100ANV01 folder but not the 100MNV01 folder. :silenced:

under what circumstance do we use the 100MNV01 folder and when on 100ANV01? :confused:

13. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

My brother just got one...

1.5 firmware, plays homebrew... it's VERY cool... i recommend getting one with 1.5 firmware so you can enjoy it 'fully'

i'm addicted but my brother won't let me play it! ahhh

14. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

i just got mine, it's a v2.5. heard can be dwngraded to v1.5. i hvnt tried yet cos i hvnt get extra memory stick yet. :wave:

15. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

depending on the 2.5 it can be downgraded... but watch out, if it's one of the 2.5 that can't and you try, you'll loose your psp..

16. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

heard those using TA082A motherboard will not able to dwngrade, my is not... hope there's still a chance. :silenced:

17. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

btw, is Daxter game nice?

[​IMG]

:wave:

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I heard its pretty good.

The games I have is Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal: Head On, GTA: Liberty City Stories ( I LOVE THE GTA SERIES! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ) and Infected.

BTW, how much are games over there? :think:

One thing I love about the games is that they're region free... :D

19. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

i saw it another forum, someone selling his Daxter at S$38. think might be getting from him since he staying near my area. i also like racing games but i will play one game at the time before i buy another one.

market price for the games ranger from S$49 to S$79.

http://www.playboxx-games.com.sg/PSP/psp_games.htm

:wave: :wave:

20. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

daxter got some pretty good reviews...

currently I have Dragon Ball Shin Budokai (i love dragon ball!), metal gear acid, pro evolution soccer 5, star wars and another one that I forgot...