b*tch Car Accident

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Aug 13, 2006.

1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

damn...i can't believe i got in a car accident last friday nite..

it was REALLY stupid. i was on this road, i was keeping left and about to turn to the left with my SIGNAL ON just like any innocent soul would....and when i was half-way thru turning to the left, one god damn motorbike zoomed from my side(on my left) and hit me!

the worst part was, the motorcyclist and the passenger had a whole bunch of friends behind them and said simply it was my fault bla bla...RIGHT AFTER I WOUND MY WINDOWS DOWN.

concerned about the motorcylist and the passenger, i asked if they're ok and all that but all of 'em didn't even seem to care! they kept talking about how it was my fault and i should pay and all that sh*t.

But anyway, when i first got down from my car, I HAD TO BE THE ONE asking the cyclist if she was ok and all. But all they did was b*tch about how it was my fault, and i kept saying 'bring them to the hospital' and they didn't even seem to care! and they kept saying it's no need to report to the cops...knowing it wasn't my fault, i was firm and said i'd only settle their medical bills and THAT'S IT.

so my dad came in another car and took them to the hospital and we waited TOGETHER. nothing much happened, so the next day i called them to set a time and place to meet so we can settle this. so i told them i'll call again to confirm. so i did and guess what? THEY SWITCHED OFF THE CELL PHONE! i tried and tried and couldn't get thru. until that night, i called and got thru and they ACCUSED ME OF NOT CALLING! and they claimed that they called me and didn't answer! WTF? i didnt get ANY calls from those b*tches! i didn't bother and told them we should meet sunday and talk about the medical bills and all but they said they're on the way to Kelantan(which i think they're lying). so nothing's settled, and in the end, they told me they've already reported to the cops which i highly doubt they did(because they dont get anything from it)

the weird thing is, they can claim some money from me(which i'm also willing) but they're AVOIDING CONTACT! WTF?

what do u guys think? what do u think i should do?

what i plan do now is just ignore them. THEY are the ones wanting to claim money and THEY are avoiding contact. i'm not ever gonna call them anymore. i'm thinking if they DO call, that means they DID NOT report and want something from me...i dont know...:evil:

on my part, it'll be better for me if they dont report cuz it's gonna be so much hassle! and my P license might get taken away! :roll: sigh...

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

don't worry, they didn't go report police. after a day or two it's considered more or less too late. anyway, it's your word vs theirs so i doubt they will make a fuss about it. :whistle:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think it's too late to report police now as you need to report within 24 hours.

If you know you are not at fault, always make police report if they are not willing to cooperate. You don't have to pay them anything.

But looking at your 'report', it looks like you are at fault.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. How is he wrong? He was turning to the left and had his indicator light on... :think:

TBH, I've been buzzed by motorcyclists like that all the time. Even if you are turning to the left, they would still race past your car from the left, literally blocking your turn. If you are not observant enough, you will likely hit them.

I was once involved in a rather similar incident where a motorcyclist (very young Malay boy) raced from behind, clipped his pedal on my door and rims, denting the rear door and cutting two grooves in my rims. I stopped to see if he was alright, but he immediately raced away.

Why? Because he was evidently in the wrong, coming in from behind. And he was evidently underage...

I was more than a little annoyed that our police would let such young kids race so freely that I took the effort to report him. But guess what the police told me...

When it comes to motorbikes, it's "hard" to say who's in the wrong. If I want to lodge a report, that's my perogative. But they will not necessarily find him in the wrong. They "could" find me in the wrong and then I would have to pay the fine, as well as pay him compensation.

Talk about indirect hints... Fuh! That's our police force for you. Respect!

My advice would be to forget about these jerks. It's past the 24 hours report limit anyway. So they have no legal recourse.

Besides, it looks like they know they are in the wrong. That's why they are ignoring you. They are only making noise so that you won't report them.

5. Chai

I was in a similar position when I just had my license, I think (I was driving an old Sentra back then). The bike was right behind my blind-spot on the left, just like u suck. I turned on the indicator, starting the slow down, so naturally, the bike got to the side of my car as I try to turn in. The bike honk at me. So whose fault is that?

The arguement is that I know of states that I'm leaving the main road, so the bike has the priority because he's still going straight. A bit similar to bikes not needing to stop at the yellow box, damn stupid, but that's the law AFAIK.

6. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

seriously..i had my signals on..it's the motorcyclist's job to LOOK at it...the thing is, when u're turning, u are supposed to look at traffic from the opposite side, and from the junction on the left....u cant be looking behind you! right?

the crappy thing is, whenever a motorbike is involved in an accident with a car, it'll always seem like it's the car's fault no matter what because bikes are more vulnerable...

and another thing is that when they 'told' me they already reported to the cops, it was still within the 24 hour limit..... :(

7. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. But isn't it the law that even motorcycles must overtake from the RIGHT side?? :think:

If so, then he's in the wrong, right?

Of course, if the motorcycle is next to me, then we need to slow down and let them pass first, before turning. But if they are far away, it's their duty to watch out for signals.

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

u gotta look behind you as well cuz it helps in keeping you out of any unnecessary troubles, regardless of the laws..

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Just coz you signal it doesn't mean you're good to go. Signalling is telling people of your intentions. Making sure its clear is yours. If you see someone approaching let them clear you then proceed.

10. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

its also like when u stop at a traffic light, when the light turns green u can't press the accelerator immediately as there might be motorcyclist coming from the opposite or left/right hand side.you gotta look out at least for 1.5secs. They never give a damn to the lights, but if shit happens, they aren't in wrong either. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE??!! :boohoo:

11. Chai

Beating red light is not rule breaking UNLESS there's evidence (aka traffic camera). :roll:

They will always argue the light was green.

12. strawroot

u know..esp when the rule-breaker is of certain race.. they get away easily

13. Chai

I'm a red light beater myself. :shifty:

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Green: Proceed through.
    Yellow: FLOOR IT! Pedal to tha metal! :twisted:
    Red: Pfft. I didn't see it. Did you? :shifty:

:p

1 person likes this.
  15. Chai

I have monochrome eye vision... :shock:

16. strawroot

wah u ppl are horrible :faint: no wonder safety in msia can never be improved :p

17. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Whaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!:haha: :haha: :haha:

18. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

LMAO :haha:

19. Adrian Wong

Err... Then how did you get your license?????? :haha: :haha:

The colour-blind are not legally allowed to drive. :mrgreen:

20. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■