Back problem?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Mar 4, 2013.

  1. The_YongGrand

    The_YongGrand Just Started

    Hey there,

    It's my back problem. 11 years ago, went to see a chiropractor and getting an x-ray too. Said that my spine has a curvature of 9 degrees, and with a left rib slightly jutting out due to this problem. It doesn't hurt or whatever it is, but the small bump is still visible whenever I wear a tight shirt.

    I'm not sure whether the curvature still change after a decade or so. Might be going to the Selayang hospital orthopedic ward to hear an opinion.

    Right now I can't do much dead-lifts or squats (work-outs) due to the fear of worsening the curve.:faint:

    Any stories on back problem which you can share?:whistle:
  2. Adrian Wong

    Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

    Sounds like you have some minor scoliosis. I can't say I have any experience with it, but 9 degrees isn't significant. I know people with far worse scoliosis and it hasn't prevented them from working out, or doing anything the rest of us can.

    BTW, you do know that a chiropractor isn't actually a doctor, or a medical professional?
  3. atwl77

    atwl77 Just Started

    So what's a proper doctor to see for these kind of stuff? (bones, RSI, etc)
  4. The_YongGrand

    The_YongGrand Just Started

    Yes, scoliosis, as he mentioned. I have contacted with another physiotherapist and they reported that the upper backbone has a minor curve also. Also said that I have to attend a few sessions to strengthen the back muscles to balance things out. They advised me against doing any squats or dead-lifts until I watch my back properly (no pun intended). :whistle:

    My previous chiropractor is from Tung Shin hospital, but I'm not sure whether he's still there or not.
  5. Adrian Wong

    Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

    Look for an orthopaedic surgeon, or go to the orthopaedic department at the hospital.
  6. Adrian Wong

    Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

    Well, if your physiotherapist is qualified, then I would certainly listen to him/her. But AFAIK, your body would have acclimatised to your minor scoliosis and corrected for it as you grow up.
  7. The_YongGrand

    The_YongGrand Just Started

    I visited a physiotherapy institute. They have those machines and stuff to measure the range-of-motions and some rudimentary exercise machines.:whistle:

    It would be a while to train the back muscles since it's slightly weaker on the other side.
  8. Look for Orthopedic doctor. :)
  9. Jade Alea

    Jade Alea Newbie

    I have had a major back problem way back 2010. The pain radiated from my lower back down to either of my legs. I was seen by orthopedic doctor and run some tests and was diagnosed Lumbar Radiculopathy (nerves are degenerating). What worked for me is a trip to a Chiropractor. Had a few sessions and worked well for me. I still have "episodes" from time to time but not as worse as before. The chiropractor taught me some stretching and advised me to take VIT B complex supplements to maintain my "healthy" nerves. Seems very effective to me.
  10. Diana Scarpa

    Diana Scarpa Newbie

    I did the same, It's always best to seek for the right doctor for your condition to be able to assist you well. :)

Share This Page