Be careful while buying pendrive in China

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by decypher, Aug 23, 2006.

1. decypher

decypher Newbie

via

[​IMG]

Shocking. Yet amazing.

2. redness

redness Newbie

lol?
    Some how I suspect the blog post to be a false one, like all those "watch out for neddle in cinema seat" and "I am dying of cancer before.." hoax.

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

DUDE ... thats not a pendrive enclousure.. its a WiFi enclosure! .. hahahaahahha ... even the blog writer doesnt know much about it .. lolz

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

5. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

got the same mail b4....and pen drive need mac address?:wall:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Ken actually sent this over to me before.

Definitely a fake. As Max_87 pointed out, it's actually a D-Link USB WiFi enclosure.

If you look closely, the USB connector of the cut cable isn't even properly mounted. If you just press on the USB connector, it will "retreat" into the case, just like a tortoise's head would. :haha: :haha:

Real lousy piece of fakery, IMHO... No one will fall for it.

Besides, real pendrives do not cost much to make these days. Do they really want to risk raising the irk of the Chinese police? :mrgreen:

AFAIK, the Chinese police are very strict about such stuff. If a foreigner gets ripped off, the offender gets a real stiff punishment.

8. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

oh..China ppl are really creative. I even heard that they blow popcorn out in the street! Popcorn... done with bombs.. think about tht! Think twice before u eat anything in China!

It came out in the chinese press here once, the base of the steamboat in china, they will process it in 5 steps before they serve another table.

1st filter: the big leftover food in soup
    2st filter: tissue paper in soup
    3rd filter: ciggy butt they dump in soup
    4th filter: the ciggy ash in soup
    5th filter: anything tiny leftover in soup

TA DAH! New base again to serve! :clap:

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Can not imagine people will think of this trick to sell the pendrive :faint:

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Those people would do ANYTHING for money :faint:

12. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

anything is possible in china. fake eggs, fake milk powder, fake pen drives, wat else?

13. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

the fake milk powder news is the most disguising act by china vendor. :evil: :evil:

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Actually it's prevalent in India as well.

Many babies became malnourished because of fake milk powder. Heck, even the "fresh milk" is diluted! :haha: :haha:

15. decypher

decypher Newbie

fake milk powder? omg. really wtf.