budget andriod phone for peasant

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by PowerSlide, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Galaxy W is quite similar to the original Galaxy S in terms of specs.

2. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

3. Chai

I hardly use the LED flash on my camera. For torch light purposes, it is far more useful, especially using a widget on the homescreen! :thumb:

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

buy ORI.. pay extra 100 for extra year of warranty is worth it to me.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Well, to be honest, I'm not sure if paying extra for another year of warranty is worth it.

Practically all my previous phones last at least 2 years before they start to give problems. And the most common problem is nothing more than a failing battery.

The only exception is the iPhone 3GS, whose Home button started failing about a year of use.

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

My Galaxy Ace is working well as it should. Unfortunately, I do not know why Angry Birds is stuttering and jerky in my phone.

Rest of them, I used the stock upgrades. :)

7. Chai

Because the processor is too slow I guess.

8. The_YongGrand

It's only 800MHz. Prolly it's not up to that kind of task.

Anyway it slows down on Yahoo Mail too, on times. :faint:

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

im more inclined to the huawei now, rm999 4inch screen, every other similar to galaxy w and going thru review is kinda good..smooth and not laggy plus ICS on february or march :thumb:

i up my budget to RM1K max, even so only a handful decent midrange or older model to choose from :mrgreen:

10. Chai

Yeah, now I wouldn't bother too much about warranty. They are usually pointless. In fact, that's how they make more money out of you.

I voided my HD2 warranty because it is much cheaper and faster to fix it myself.

My old Dell monitor failed after 6 years, right after the 5 years extended warranty! :haha:

11. Chai

The specs are pretty good, but I'm not too sure about the built quality though.

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea..i'll take a look at it this weekend and decide but im expecting plasticky feel :mrgreen:

how bout used htc incredible s? around RM900++ can buy one in very good condition

13. Chai

Incredible S uses the early Snapdragon processors. Looks like the Huawei is a much better deal. HTC may look solid and excellent build, but I'm beginning to question their reliability sometimes. You can forget about second hand value with Huawei if you are thinking of selling it.

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

thanks for the input chai, :thumb:

dilemma partly solved, going to get galaxy w as i found it for rm880 which rm100++ cheaper than huawei and off retail price..good deal..for RM880 is worth it, over rm900 i would add a little more for the bigger screen huawei

so the guy reserve a unit for me and hopefully collect it later today as what they guy say to me at least :mrgreen:

15. The_YongGrand

The Galaxy W is a bit of an improvement over the Ace, and it's good. :thumb:

16. Chai

Galaxy W is like an updated version of Galaxy S.

17. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

using since saturday, my 1st smartphone and android i can say im having some fun :mrgreen:

the phone is good, no issue encounter till today everything just works and i think im done exploring and its time for some rooting and custom rom :thumb:

if you can find this phone for below rm900 its worth it over that go for huawei....from my opinion

18. Chai

Definitely install custom rom, TouchWiz is crap IMO. :p

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

never try before others so i dont know how crap is touchwiz :p

waiting some good custom rom to be out soon..another annoyance is the very reflective screen..most of the time i see my face whihc is not the best view :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Try installing a matte screen protector. That should help cut down the glare, but the screen will not look so vibrant.