Canon Powershot series??

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by mooze86, Jan 10, 2006.

1. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

anyone knows is Canon Powershot A510 good enough? :wave:

i need anything not so much far from RM1000...preferrably lower than that. if there`s any other good model,pls recommend..i`m planning to buy at PC Fair(14april) :thumb:

my requirement isnt much,just need 3MP,movie with sound,3Xoptical zoom,MMC slot(coz i oredy hv 512MB card) :pray:

at first,Canon Powershot A410 certainly caught my eye coz the body looks absolutely cool(for me anyway)... but i found out it has no audio recording.. damn!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

but the older model,A400 does! thats weird... whats so different between those 2 models? is A400 still around? anyone knows? :snooty:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  2. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

A410 dont have sound recording? Better confirm with the sales person when the time u visit the booth.

A510 have a better spec compare with A400/410
    is true that u can use back ur memory card, but if u buy during PC Fair, sometime they will give it FREE, or add some money to get a 1GB SD card.

3. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

It said record without sound, may be it mean record without sound can take longer movie. Anyway, other than tat, this camera is already improve the shoting feature compare to the A400.
    My advise is, get the A510

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  4. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

alrite then... i trust u,doraemon,u`re my hero!!..haha...seriously,i used to read all da doraemon comics when it 1st came out in malaysia....8 years ago i tink..oh memories....the good ol times when i still wasn`t greedy of state-of-the-art gadgets.... :D

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I've tested the Max_87's A510 and it was pretty good.

6. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

Max_87??

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Paging for Max_87, where are you? :whistle:

8. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

urmm...at least could u tell me a few points u like bout the A510?

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's cheap, feature packed, and I love the ability to have manual exposure controls. But I guess I'm too out of touch with digicam, because I feel that most have very good LCDs nowadays, even the old F717 failed miserably...

Max_87 won't be replying anytime soon... :(

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, he's back in his university where he has very limited access to the Internet. Plus, he has final exams coming up in 1-2 weeks. :think:

11. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

in truth,i`m quite clueless about manual exposure,but i do love learning new stuff..was is it about?

size of LCD screen i dun mind,coz i tend to turn it off to save battery... :D

eh,Adrian Monk is back!! ello there!!!!!!!!! found da killers yet? best of luck to ya :thumb:

12. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

BUMP! wats manual exposure?

13. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

The good thing for this A510 is, it have a lot of manual function for u to play with. A good camera for u to learn b4 go to the high end level of camera

14. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

urmmm...kay :)

as usual,thanks a lot for great advice.. i`ll tell u when i finally buy it!! wish me luck =^_^=

15. Adrian Wong

That means you can manually set the Aperture Size and Shutter Speed. This gives you more creative control over the pictures you take.

16. Adrian Wong

Good luck!!! :thumb:

17. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

adrian..u`re da man!! or should i say... u`re da monk!!! hehe

if u free,come clean meh house on weekends... i bet u`d make the best housekeeping in whole world.... haha :p