Clouds.. up close and personal..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by djspinnet, Aug 8, 2006.

1. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

From the plane.. it was a cloudy flight.. very bumpy, but lots of clouds to take :)

1. Black and white..
    [​IMG]

2. Angel watching over me
    [​IMG]

3. Clouds over clouds
    [​IMG]

4. A large chunk of cloud passed beside me..
    [​IMG]

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woahhh.. Which flight was this?? :shock:

The second picture has a very interesting display of clouds, IMHO. I love how it shows the small clouds hovering over the blue ocean and the large swath of clouds, framed against the darkness of the stratosphere.

3. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Er.. AirAsia flight AK5205, Kuching-LCCT? Does it matter which flight it was, as long as I'm up there, clouds are still clouds, right? :)

it was very cloudy (and bumpy) hence a lot of clouds (plus I was bored, all airports should have an emergency bookstore)

4. Adrian Wong

It does. Different areas have different cloud formations, I suppose. :D

Yeah, it changes with the weather but I think certain cloud formations are only found over land... or water and vice versa.

5. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Hmm, yes, but I think it's true for the lower atmosphere clouds.. higher up, it's pretty much the same anywhere.. (just what I think, not necessarily true. I'm no meteorologist.)

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

the window is clean ? :shifty:

7. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Me neither. :mrgreen:

But IMHO, you got a really nice shot there in Angel watching over me. :thumb:

8. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. That's a good question. Sometimes when I want to take a shot, the window is so murky that I wonder if there's a point in even trying. :haha: :haha:

9. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

woah... so nice. the last time i flew to langkawi, why didnt i see clouds like tht?? i only had this pict.

Attached Files:

• sky.JPG
      sky.JPG
      File size:
      152.8 KB
      Views:
  10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think this is Titiwangsa mountains.. but i'm not sure .. :p

Attached Files:

11. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

can ON electrical stuff on plane? sorry, nv fly b4:shifty: :shifty:

12. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yes as zy said about flight window, i never see it is clean n clear before to take a nice shoot like this :?

May be Air Asia flight has a better flight window :haha: i never try before dunno about that, all the time taking MAS :think:

13. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Never try, never know :)

The first two pics were taken on my flight to Kuching, and I was on a 2 week old airbus :p

The return flight, I was on an old airbus, dirty windows and all, but I tried anyway, and it wasn't so bad at all. In fact, not bad at all! It did not show up at all, the murky colour.

Strawroot, I was sitting at the wing too... I merely turned by body around and shot the other way out of the window ;)

Edit: I should add.. where windows are too murky, there's always WB correction, and there's always B&W :) Clouds actually look very nice in B&W.. very old school.