Dr.Adrian!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mad1, Oct 10, 2005.

1. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

hahaha this one u don't need pro advice from adrian. anyone can asnwer! like chai said, just tell her it's bad! :p :p

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Stop drinking coffee... or whatever it is you are drinking these days! :haha: :haha:

3. Adrian Wong

Err... I wouldn't recommend you drink anything fermented unless you are absolutely sure you are brewing ethanol... not methanol. Cause ingesting methanol is bad and a large amount can cause blindness. :hand:

4. strawroot

The only thing that I drink now is ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

WATER!

P/S: Me doesn't drink coffee.

5. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

after coming back from all the chemistry classes on organic chemistry, all the alkane, alkene, ketone, benzene...now come back here alse saw methanol and ethanol...:faint: :faint:

Btw, Dr. Adrian, any tips on how to score for this part, especially the reactions and the conditions? besides studying and memorizing it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

6. Adrian Wong

Wrong person to ask. I didn't like chemistry at all. :haha:

I guess using nmemonics would be of a great help... :think:

7. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

i hate biology, i suck in chemistry, i have no interest in physics...and yet i ended up in science stream..:haha: :haha:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm pretty sure you are from A-Levels or Form 6. In Form 6, the organic chemistry seems to be very deep enough - they have very detailed info about ketones and some more of the benzene reactions.

Well, to tell you the truth, chemistry is all about exercise. Get some workbooks to do, and you will be no problem scoring it. :whistle:

Meanwhile, my Chemistry knowledge has been frizzled ever since I entered engineering. :haha:

9. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

mine is only in foundation, a bit easier than A level, i think...i guess no other choice than juz bombard myself with questions...:doh:

10. The_YongGrand

Foundation in a college is okay - they have semester-by-semester basis, lab work and you need not worry about 'dumping' the entire contents of your brain into the test paper in the finals. :D

Just grab the notes you get during the study and read. Do the tutorial questions. That's all, if you find one question difficult, go and ask friends/lecturers/tutors/family about it.:mrgreen:

11. strawroot

i am so glad that no more exams in my life, forever goodbye to chemistry/physics/bio/maths/etc! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Thats how I was. I joined science stream for shit and giggles. Only time I passed chemistry and physics was SPM. :roll:

Did it matter? No... :p

13. The_YongGrand

Dr Adrian,

Not sure this has been asked before, but it's a man thing. If you find this post dangerous - please notify me through PM!! :haha:

I once read the "circumcision" in "Health thread" in Forum dot LowYat dot net and found these posts amusing!

So, doctor, what do you think about "circumcision"? :)

14. Adrian Wong

Male or female? I guess there are pros and cons. But generally, unless you have a problem that needs circumcision to solve it, or a religion that requires it, you don't need to do it.

15. The_YongGrand

I mean male circumcision. I saw in a thread that cutting the foreskin out has positive effect - the 'equipment' is bigger and all the unconfirmable facts. :haha:

I rather ask doctor about this... :mrgreen:

16. Adrian Wong

Nah, larger equipment? Not likely. It probably "appears" larger because the foreskin had been removed.

Over time, there may be some loss of sensitivity of the glans penis as it would have been desensitized by constant rubbing against the pants/underwear. Also, there is a loss of lubrication, normally provided by the smegma.

On the other hand, removing the foreskin makes it easier to clean out excess smegma....

As for the female's preference.. I really have no idea on that score. :haha: :haha:

17. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

don't you think that with the foreskin attached, the circumference will be a little bit bigger?:haha: :haha: :haha:

18. Adrian Wong

Err.. I don't know about YOUR penis, but the foreskin retracts when a normal penis becomes erect. :twisted: :haha:

19. The_YongGrand

Dr. Wong,

Have you treated patients with hemorroids/piles? I learned that piles are actually blocked/jammed valves in the veins in the anus.

Any way to prevent them from coming out? Treating them is very difficult - tying it up, or rip it out surgically.

And also, I read about a story where a young man accidently ripped out his pile after his business when he's wiping - could it be possible?

also, any ideas about the electrical/electronic representation of the specific body part, like axon or the SA node? I read in a book that a heart has an 'electric-circuit' and it is a schematic diagram showing resistors, inductors, and capacitors. :D

20. Adrian Wong

Not personally, but of course, we have seen quite a few patients with them. Very common problem, especially with those who do not like the veggies... or fruits. :D

Nah.. nothing to do with blocked/jammed valves. If you want to prevent them, make sure you take a lot of fibre. It will increase your stool bulk and make you go more often.

Many people get haemorrhoids as a result of constant straining during defecation. If you are constipated, then you will need to strain during defecation. So you have to avoid constipation.

Nah... You can't "rip off" a pile. Hehee..