dynamic ftp question

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by ALstonLoong, May 7, 2006.

1. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

ANyone know have any idea why cant the dynamic ftp work ? im using bulletproof server 2.4 and no-ip . Previously works on my linksys router.... after change my router to netgear it refused to work. :wall: a help will be great thanks.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Did you port forward?

3. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

yup forward port 20, 21 and a range of ports for passive mode.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Try using the direct IP. There could be a problem with your Dynamic DNS host. :think:

5. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

it works on direct ip .... but not dynamic :wall: I use no-ip on linksys router before and it works. Just not netgear.... too bad my linksys router fried...

6. Chai

Use no-ip software on your PC. You can download the software from their site.

7. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

yup i did download the no ip software ... i guess is the dynamic dns server have issue with my router? :think:

8. Chai

Huh? What has the dynamic dns server got to do with your router?

If you DNS server is getting your IP, then it's completely your router problem not port forwarding to your IP properly.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

I think he's referring to his former Linksys router which has a mutual partnership programme with DYNDNS.ORG that allows users of their routers to update their IP via the embedded firmware.

10. Chai

LOL! I knew about the feature, but he wasn't really clear...And he did mention about using no-ip.

But even then, using no-ip software should solve all his problems. The most likely issue is the no-ip software is not configured properly, or the port forwarding setting is wrong.

If you are in Canada, then the no-ip software works, which leaves the port forwarding settings.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  11. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

lol finally got it to work. The problem was my dns cache setting in firewall .....which will not update the IP address it uses for my server to reflect the current address given by no-ip. :faint:

lol sorry for the trouble guys and thanks for helping me out.

12. Chai

LOL. No prob.